1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. WARRIORMAN

WARRIORMAN Fapstronaut

6/30

1645 screen off

Force Majeure and Contentful T like this.
  2. I need to take this challenge again. This time I will extend it to 60 days. That said, I’m in! Turning off my things at 22:25.

0/60

3. 0/60.

So it starts with a reset... I forgot the time and suddenly it was 22:40 at which point I turned everything off.

4. 1/60. I went up at the same time the alarm rang, instead of lying there for an extra 20 minutes. So I can already feel the improvement :)

5. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Sounds like a good challenge!

I'll have my usage down by 22:30. Except when my gf and I are watching a movie together.
    Cheers!

/Baldur

6. Nice to have you here!

Good luck :)

Baldur likes this.
  7. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Thank you!

Force Majeure likes this.
  8. 2/60. Used all seconds up to 22:24:59 :)

9. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

1/60 done! I was getting close to 22:30 but managed it and had a much better sleep already. :)

10. 3/60. This challenge helps me an extra bit on tuesdays and thursdays as I come home pretty late from my krav maga training. Now I don’t get stuck with my phone anymore :p

Baldur likes this.
  11. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Nice! @Force Majeure
    Well, I'd say I'm back to day 1 again. I had to work to the later hours but I also tried to take it to sleep (that's why I'm back to day 1).

Cheers!
    /Baldur

12. It sound like you have your reasons :) I have made a script that makes my computer go to sleep at 22:22. It's quite effective since it's a good reminder that I should save the work for the next day. It puts the computer to sleep and if I have to finish something I just wake my computer and after one minutes it goes to sleep again. Once every minute between 22:22 and 04:30 :)

Baldur likes this.
  13. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Well that is awesoome! How do you deal with a movie night? Do you turn your script off by then?

I managed to get to sleep relatively early so I'm on day 2! :)
    Cheers!
    /Baldur

14. 5/60 :D

Well, I plan my night. If the movie would exceed the deadline I simply don't watch the movie and do something else instead. Or I try to find another movie that is shorter so that it doesn't get too late :p

After I completed this challenge the last time, it happened a few times that my wife and I watched a movie that ended like 23:10. Then I got so tired the day after... because we have kids and they don't care if we're up watching a movie while they are sleeping, they are going to go up early anyway. :)

Baldur likes this.
  15. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

I see. Haha. Yeah...kids... :p

Yesterday I managed to get off my screens before 22:30 so that worked.

Cheers!
    /Baldur

16. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

I missed it yesterday. Girlfriend time.
    But what I can say is that I stopped watching youtube on my phone completely. This really relaxes my mind!

Cheers!
    /Baldur

17. 3/60.

I think I had three nights in a row where I didn't stop in time. I had a strong determination to finish some stuff during the weekend, that's why. However, I'm back since the last three nights :)

That's so nice! Yeah this challenge really changes me as well, the last three nights I have stopped using my computer at 22:25 only because of this challenge! Without this challenge I feel it is so difficult to decide when to stop and always get so burned in my head... keep rocking!

Baldur likes this.
  18. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Awesome man! Keep rocking! :)

19. @Baldur , how is it going for you? I managed to ignore the deadline yesterday. I need to improve my discipline with regards to this challenge as it really makes a big improvement for me... back at day 0.

20. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

@Force Majeure
    Back to day 0. The last two times went too far. Oh well. But I think it still gives benefits, even if one goes back to day 0 once in a while. :)

CHeers!