1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Fat Pate

I really need help
i just can't take this stupid addiction anymore. i started fighting it 2 years ago and once i almost succeeded once but now i do it every week again. I don't even have the strength to fight it anymore :( i feel so weak and powerless and i don't know how can i ever win this battle. I feel like i feel like this is the only thing keeping me away from God. I've tried everything but nothing works :(. Please help
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Welcome! You are in the right place. There are many here who will walk alongside you through this battle as you once again rejoin the fight. I would encourage you to seek out one or more APs and start checking in with them every day. I would also highly encourage you to cut yourself off from your source of P, whatever it takes to do so. Then, begin to learn how to guard your heart and mind against lust. There is great info on this site for doing these things. See the "Information" tab above for additional resources, too. I am praying for you and cheering you on to a new kind of life!
Fat Pate more_vert
Fat Pate
it's quite hard to cut away the source because i need my computer and internet for school and when i lose control there's no going back until i've done that horrible thing
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
There is a dedicated thread on this forum for finding an AP. Or you can just follow someone who seems to be on the right track and ask them directly! That is what I have done many times myself.
It may be quite hard to do what needs to be done, but there is always a way! When I first got serious about recovery, I quit a 20-year career in IT so I could get away from computers altogether. if I can do this, you can do what is needed, too! Freedom will cost you something. The sooner you pay, the lower the price will be.
Soulherb likes this.
Tuinuane more_vert
Tuinuane
I feel your pain. I had that feeling that it is the only thing separating me from God.The truth is it gets tougher but with persistence you get your freedom. Keep pushing!
Tao Jones likes this.
Fat Pate more_vert
Fat Pate
can you pls link me that thread.
Fat Pate more_vert
Fat Pate
And how can i feel serious after a few days of relapsing? i feel just like normal after a few days and then i don't do anything to stop it from happening again and after i relapse again i feel terrible regret and the need of doing something but i never do anything after a few days :(. is there a way to feel the pain and regret for a very long time? or do i have to shout at myself all the time to not do it? this is so hard for me i feel so weak :(. I don't read the bible much anymore because i don't have lots of time and that makes me feel like i've distanced from God :( i really need some serious help to keep me motivated