1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Oasis of Peace

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ZenYogi, Oct 24, 2022.

What drives you most towards sobriety from PMO?

1. I want to live a better life without this addiction weighing me down

2. It’s a religious abstinence for me

3. It takes up all my time and energy I want my health back

4. I don’t want to die knowing I lived my whole life doing nothing but PMO never having lived at all

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Om

3/18/24

So today I’ll go and do maybe a squat and two hours of mma class.

It would be easier if I broke it up and did the legs at my apt gym then I can rest before class. Plus with the extra time I’ll be able to do some cardio like rowing or something.

maybe ten mins on the rower would be ideal.

trying to keep the workout light though to save energy as I’m still breaking into mma stamina

I am thinking about this as the days plan

Japa (spiritual practice)

Workout legs and a bit of cardio. Remember to do sit-ups and neck work so you can absorb blows better haha. Ouch! :p

Go to Starbucks and work on iPlum and chewing through the training manual

Rest at home with anime and a few games of smite

go to mma class at about 530pm. Warmup with five mins of rolling stretching jumping jacks.

Put on sweater then walk to car to go home so you don’t catch cold

Get home safe put away dirty laundry shower. Watch tv or read till bedtime

take pills at 1030pm. Brush floss and sleep before 11pm. Tryna get that sleep schedule on track.

may it be a blessed day :)

2. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Note to self: JAPA BEFORE COFFEE

3. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Goodwill never goes unrewarded.

I walked into IHOP today. I have a habit of opening closing and just general loudness. So when I came it it startled the guy in line a bit and he gave me that. ‘I’m dangerous and you need to be quiet look.’

I’d tune his old ass up, but that’s besides the point. Hehe

I felt bitter about it. Another guy was looking at me too trying to regulate in my noisy door opening. I gave him a very nice hello and he didn’t do nought but a nod. Oh well. I just thought ‘You got that one for free buddy.’ And got to my table. Then I thought of Buddha and he make me feel that goodwill never goes unrewarded.

Sure I showed this dude love and he didn’t respond much. But that goodwill came back around. We got a very kind waitress and that’s just good karma paying off. Maybe if I can change my loud habit at least in public it’ll payoff and I’ll get more good karma for opening and closing doors quietly

mibs (may it be so).

4. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Darn autocorrect is destroying my posts spelling. I’ll try to fix that

5. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Maybe it is partially me too tho haha

6. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Reality tv is the worst. It just is too addictive. And not very enriching.

ommmmm????? Hmmm

7. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

So I was reading about the studies saying that masturbation is healthy for the prostate and can prevent cancer there.

that a lack of ejaculation can be unhealthy. Hmm. Soka.

I mean if I get sex once a month even it should be enough to prevent any issues with that.

I mean the yogis who created Ayurveda May have known things about semen retention and no PMO that present day science is not able to observe.

Without scientific backing all the boxers who did no PMO like Tyson and Ali. Or the great fighter Rickson Gracie. We’re going off nothing more than boxing superstition to fuel their desire to abstain from PMO and even sex for weeks months or more before a bout.

it’s actually a greater leap of faith to persevere at PMO than even religious spiritual things as mindfulness and prayer to a higher power have been shown to have numerous scientifically backed benefits.

Nofap sadly hasn’t had much backing. There also haven’t been many studies. Putting it in a gray area scientifically speaking.

A couple studies supporting nofap showed some testosterone increases others showed decreases. I dunno.

those are so circumstantial. Were participants training for sports or weightlifting? Were they incels or volcels? Did they exercise at all?

There aren’t any studies of nofap effects on sports performance either. Ugh.

All we have to go off are these sort of. Personal anecdotes. Our studies on ourselves. What a pain in the butt! Science really helped me make the leap of faith when it came to getting into religion!

But it can’t bridge that gap for me now with nofap.

So. ….

Im going to create my own study somehow. And share the results here.

I know personally it’s helped me a lot. Also that
    it made my balls feel like they were getting sucked into my body and like uncomfortably tightened and bound up feeling which was actually concerning.

generally speaking it’s always seemed to increase my testosterone and drive.
    There was that one listless phase I hit for a while but then I just went in waves of up and down really.

Also I wasn’t exposed to any women other than my mom for months so that’ll really kill your libido and of course was doing no PMO too. So that makes sense I wouldn’t be aroused then and was listless I guess

I suppose my self study is inconclusive as well. Pffffftttttssshhhh.

but my doctor said it’s safe to do nofap so maybe I just believe him over the internet as the internet propagates all kinds of random nonsense. Like the creatine loading myth.

hm true

I mean who knows anymore?

I just read an article saying Conor Ma Gregor only does strength 3x week?

what?

And it’s like PPL not full body or anything.

ommmmmm?????

I have no idea. Honestly.

I’m doing 4 days Upper Lower

Monday lower and kickboxing
    Tuesday upper kickboxing and bjj
    Wednesday rest
    Thursday lower and kickboxing
    Friday upper kickboxing and bjj
    Saturday swim
    Sunday rest

just reading that back sounds like too much for me. Let’s try to scale it down lol. Conor style?

Monday push and kickboxing
    Tuesday pull and no gi bjj
    Wednesday rest (walk maybe shadowbox?)
    Thursday kickboxing (sparring day)***
    Friday no gi bjj
    Saturday Legs and Swim
    Sunday rest (walk maybe shadowbox?)

***usually need rest the day after sparring but no gi is only offered tues fri so just gonna try to do it and not get too heavy with the sparring in kickboxing.

Reading that back actually sounds doable!

I know I’ll still make progress in bodybuilding so long as I hit all three PPL at least once per week. I can mix and match and try to make ppl happen every week if things don’t go exactly as planned but it’ll go as planned for the most part I’ll just stick with it.

So what is ppl for me looking like?

At least do like two exercises but I’m likely to do up to five per day as I like to go for it and go for heavier weight and more challenging variations.

Push: weighted ring dips, one handed push ups, bench press, pike push up.

ommmmm yeah that’s good. But the essentials are ring dips and one hand push ups. Those two are building solid foundations. Then the pike push up, The bench and ohp are for further mass gains.

Pull: weighted chin up, supergirl pose (don’t underestimate supergirl!), deadlift, dumbbell curl.

Legs: Squat, dumbbell lunge, calf raise (nap lol). Neck workout. (Mike Tyson neck bridges).

Alright that’s a solid full bodybuilding routine with 3 days and four exercises per day. I’m thinking I’ll do gymnastics rings L sit holds to build my abs at the end of every workout. Either that or I’ll work on front lever gymnastics ring holds. I’d guess that the front lever will work the abs better than the L sit as it’s much more challenging and works the abs majorly.

I’ll just do the L sit for one set to warmup the front lever or something.

ommmmm

Sites said they’re both excellent for the abs. So front lever will do for now.

That’s a good abs exercise to keep working on.

Ommmm

I forgot my pills and not I can’t sleep. Idk what to do.

Crap maybe I should’ve stayed here I’m gonna be hecka tired if I can’t sleep tonight

well I’ll figure it out

8. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Reposting to save text for myself this week

Monday push and kickboxing
    Tuesday pull and no gi bjj
    Wednesday rest (walk maybe shadowbox?)
    Thursday kickboxing (sparring day)***
    Friday no gi bjj
    Saturday Legs and Swim
    Sunday rest (walk maybe shadowbox?)

Push: weighted ring dips, one handed push ups, bench press, pike push up.

Pull: weighted chin up, supergirl pose (don’t underestimate supergirl!), deadlift, dumbbell curl.

Legs: Squat, dumbbell lunge, calf raise (nap lol). Neck workout. (Mike Tyson neck bridges).

9. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Awe crap lol

I really can’t do any of that stuff now I realize I’ll be working and can’t be lifting right before mma class!

Good news is I can train at home decently now and my apt has a gym. Soon we’ll have a nice calisthenics park walking dist too. Please have metal gymnastics rings!!!!!!!!! Plzzzzzz mibs Minsk ins

I can maybe setup the rings at home or apt gym too

ommmm

push at home will be very different however a weighted one handed push up is likely and I’m working on it. I’m already doing 3x4 archers with 10lb vest.

weighted dip, weighted OHPU, if possible weighted pike push ups or unweighted handstand push ups.

Then ring L sit holds

solid 4

pull weighted chin up, deadlift, curl, front lever.

legs

Db walking lunges, goblet squat, calf raise, kettlebell swings. Yeah that’ll work. At the swimming pool I can basically pick one barbell lift to do regularly. So I’ll pick the deadlift cause that’s just what I feel is most important to me. Though I guess squats important too? Hmmmmm

I mean…….??????

I need paper to work it out

m k
    T ng
    W r
    Th k
    Fr ng
    Sat s
    Sun r

Looks like tues thurs fri it’s doable to put an hour of lifting together at the dojo before class as class starts at seven. so how about ppl on those three days?

Honestly I’m nervous to try to lift heavy straight into an hour of bjj or kickboxing . As hardcore as that is. Gassing out during sparring is scary and leads to being at your opponents mercy.

yikes. Idk should I test those waters?

Mondays the safest day to do it as there’s no sparring. It’s just drills. Tuesdays and Fridays are crazy and so much sparring in bjj don’t want to gas out . So those are less chance.

then Thursdays,,,,that’s contact sparring in kickboxing and me and the buff guy like to spar. So…..definitely need as much gas as I can get for that as I’m building my mma stamina. Maybe a few weeks more and I’ll be able to handle heavy powerlifting as my “warm up” for mma classes lol.

I got this! It’s all good baby :)

For now I’ll train at home. My dips got up to 25lbs and my chin-ups to 20lbs. So it’ll keep climbing. I want that first plate on my dips and chin-ups. Reallllllly hope my gymnastics rings work at my home gyms

10. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Day 1 of my new “medium mode” streak

Good afternoon y’all

While I’ve been abstinent mostly from PMO for over 500 days and the first year was very strict.

I have gathered enough data point to decide that the best way is (sorry for beating a dead horse here). The middle path!!!

What this streak means now is that I will only PMO when it’s with my partner. Otherwise NO PMO AT ALL!

It’s not as intense as full semen retention even during sex like I was doing before but it’s a lot more strict than “just keep it very moderate.”

So it’s my medium mode streak and I’m gonna do what I’ve been talking about and present y’all with my scientific study of one person (that’s me!).

Let’s see how medium mode fares for several data points and measurements!

Starting measurements:

3/20/24

Arms no pump 13.5” while flexing the bicep

weight 170lbs fasted no clothing in the morning.

Dedication to training:

Last week I completed one mma class, did about four workouts and one cardio day.

My numbers at present are:

Dip 3x5x25 lbs
    Chinup 3x5x20 lbs
    one Handed push up 1x2
    Archer push up 2x4x10 lbs (weighted vest)
    Db lunge 1x 60 lbs x 5 reps
    Db calf raise 2x10x60 lbs
    supergirl pose 20 breaths
    Ring L sit 7 breaths (I have good form!)
    Front lever one leg out about 2 breaths
    Pike push up x 12
    Swimming 1200 yards per workout
    Walk/sprint/Running 8600 steps per run
    Kettlebell swings 30x2x10

I did a tiny bit of squat and bench for 135x10 and 155x5 respectively. Hand grips are at 150x10

Ommm those are good and all it’s just like. I’m more focused on the other stuff weighted calisthenics and all.

Coolooolllolil

11. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Let me know any measurements you want me to measure ASAP!!!!!
    Maybe energy levels or something bedtime?

12. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Bedtimes been around 2 am

13. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Why game at night?

Om

also lol we went double guardian

14. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

DAY 2

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

We’re all celebrating today! I hit 100k views on my journal!

THIS WAS HARD PLEASE CHEER FOR ME IN YOUR HEARTS LOL

15. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

It hurts ite
    No complaining

I’m tired
    No excuses

I’ll do it anyway
    No matter what

16. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Ommmmmmm

I have concluded that. Playing assassin is always the best call even if….the entirety of my team chooses assassin lol. That’s because we’re in pre ranked matches. Heh. :)

Ommm they phys damage so maybe a shield

17. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Inner fire
    That’s what he said
    It’s about that
    I work so hard to just sit back and relax
    I felt so listless
    So bored and stagnant
    Maintaining a high quality of life
    It was miserable after a while
    Groping in the dark for a spark of life
    Finding nothing but more
    Sludge gunk and chewed gum
    Turned black underfoot
    He got up
    Off the couch
    And went back into the fray
    Back to war
    a Warriors blade rusts in the countryside
    But stays sharp in the thick of battle
    I’ll live in the city longer now
    Stay sharp
    It’s what must be done
    Keep moving or slowly disintegrate
    Like the samurai who died in the country
    With a nice cushy life
    I won’t go to the country
    Till I am ready to die

namaste~

18. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Hey man, I see you're back sparring aye?! How's that going?

ZenYogi likes this.
  19. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Please like comment subscribe share it helps me a ton to bolster my motivation to keep training and bulking and going hard!!!!

This is 1.5 minutes of me bulking asking you and all of my friends for help

THANK YOU!!!!!! All the love and support you send me I’m sending you right back!!!! May we be blessed

20. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Ommm

@Joseph Campbell

it’s good brotha. Sparring wonderful. My therapist and partner concerned about brain damage. I’m less concerned (obviously lol). But trying to err on the side of caution and not be doing any full power. Just fighting in standard saiyan mode no going super saiyan allowed. Like the tenkaichi tourney with trunks and goten

Ommm once I’m cool with some people at the dojo I’ll ask to get a recording and post one of my sparring matches to YouTube for you to see and anyone else interested :)

hbu? What’s up with your life training and booze? :)