1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts are what you are !

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Revenant in life, May 10, 2020.

1. Revenant in life

Revenant in life Fapstronaut

Believe it or not, what you're saying to yourself ( anything including ideas, self talk and even picturing ) is really important and you have to consistently keep it positive and here is an example below to elaborate :
    last month, I was hating going to the gym, why ? because whenever the gym crosses my mind I remember when i get embarrassed at it or I think about the pain and etc ( all the negative things ) but once I changed my thoughts and expectations about the gym ( I began to think about the positive things like the feeling I'd feel after my workout or a compliment I got by a friend about my shape ..) all that really made me abruptly go to the gym without hesitations because every time I put these positive thoughts in my mind.
    that was a simple example there a lot of situations if I didn't say all you can do the parallel ..
    By the way, this is the explanation of " Think positively or look on the bright side " that we've been told and we didn't get it ( or just me haha )
    Speaking about thoughts, what are yours about this Thread ? let me know
    Have a nice day !

Azul29 likes this.
  2. No, there's the inner you, and your thoughts. You are not what you think you are. It's the opposite. The goal is not to always think positively, but rather to accept negative thoughts and see them as they are, without exaggeration.

We are human, it is impossible to always think positively. And forcing ourselves to turn a black cloud into a rainbow is impossible. Yes, our thoughts have an influence on our actions. But it's more a matter of identifying them without judging them and accepting things.

Positive thinking is bullshit to me.

I don't trust overly positive people. Most of them have something to hide and something to prove. I prefer someone who sees positive and negative moments for what they are. Who accepts them and who accepts feeling bad about them. Because that's part of life.

What hurts is not the negative thoughts and what happens to us, it's what we do with them. If you put your finger in a glass of water and shake it hard, the water will become restless. On the other hand, if someone puts a dot in the glass and you let it go, the water will quickly become calm and clear again.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2020
    FellowCompanion likes this.