1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Life, My Life, His/Her Life...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by surtennis123, Aug 25, 2019.

1. surtennis123

surtennis123 Fapstronaut

We often understand life from our perspective, since we do spend most of our time thinking about ourselves, and thinking about how we appear/ behave to others, but what if everyone's life is legit, and unique? See, we sometimes like to think that our lives are the most tragic in existence, but often, we fail to entertain the idea that perhaps every person suffers according to their own inner strength, and that despite undesirable circumstances, everyone continues living/ surviving until the end. Perhaps you have a gift that someone else doesn't have, or perhaps you enjoy luxuries others can only dream of, but I bet that you have at least one identifiable thing that is hard to find among other individuals. No one is safe from the trials and tribulations of life (except those who die young), and we all suffer in our own unique ways, in our own constructed views of our environment. We'd like to experience ethereal and superhuman bliss here on Earth, but we fail to notice the beauty in little things, and this prevents us from ever really noticing the signs that someone might be into us. And if you're in a relationship, then do not despair when confronted with true tribulations, but instead tell your partner that you need a hug, or tell them that you love them, because time is limited, and love is endless. Reader, today I love you, but tomorrow I may hate you, so you must bring love into the world nevertheless, for one person can't do all the fighting on his own, no matter who he is. There was a time when I would go to the the edge of the lake, and consider throwing myself in, because life felt overwhelming, and because the demons in my head exaggerated the fortunes and successes of other people - I was broken, and defective. Life seemed to be getting worse and worse, and I expected a miracle, but became distraught when no significant help came. After some time I met this cashier at a book store, and she left a cute note on the counter, as well as shook her hair flawlessly, revealing the beautiful person that she was (and is). And that's when it came to me; perhaps happiness doesn't spawn from achieving superhuman ideals, but rather from noticing the beauty that only you are able to see, and from accepting this world as best as you can, despite the pain and misery. We don't appreciate those who lust over us, but those who compliment those things we found undesirable in ourselves, those who give us things expecting nothing in return. Love is pain, faith is pain, and life in itself is a pain, but it shall renew us, and make us see what really matters, sooner or later. My path is different from her/ his path, and it will consist of unique challenges, but also of a unique representation of beauty. If you sense a genuine connection between you and someone, and you like them, then at least attempt to meet them, because it's better to be sure of their intentions rather than lying in bed and wishing you told them what you really meant to say. I just want to end this by saying thanks for reading, and note that I'm just as imperfect as you, or maybe even more than you, but I gave life the time it needed to teach me something new.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  2. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

dude this is a great post! Keep it going!

surtennis123 likes this.