1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

You have to learn how to deal with critiscim

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Khri$$ Javan, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Khri$$ Javan

Khri$$ Javan Temporarily Suspended

The longer you go on your seed retention /pmo journey, you will notice people around you will start to envy you a little bit, It could be how the way you dress, how you look, how much money you have, how much women attracting, they can even be hating on you because of your personality. Either way people will begin to critic you. Do you know why some of the most famous successful are successful? Well they have people talking about them 24/7 rather good or bad. If they listen to every person that laughed and talk shit about them you think they would be in the position they're in right now? No I dont think so. I think besides getting out of your comfortable, growing thicker skin can be one of the most difficult things to do. My ego can be big when it wants to be so I only want people to kiss my ass and say good things about me but that is not the case at all. There is gonna be alot of people that is not gonna believe in your ideas. They might doubt you, or they want to see you fail miserably. Dealing with crtitscim can be a very difficult thing but sometimes they see things in us they we cant see within ourselves. Getting over this bitterness I still hold onto and dealing with criticism at the same time can be a recipe for disaster. We all have our unquie challenges we have to face on this nofap journey! The longer the ignore and not embrace the haters the more its doing damage in the long run!.

2. Kmob62

Kmob62 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

With Nofap comes a far greater IDGAF attitude. So while i agree with what you are saying, luckily your natural ability to deal with criticism increases as well.

Wolves of Wisdom likes this.
  3. Khri$$ Javan

Khri$$ Javan Temporarily Suspended

Yoo son that is deep, Its hard to develop this ability when I want to be the center of attention and respected... hmmm, Im going to work on this, because I DO have this ability in fact I think it is one of my greatest strength.

4. such good advice! thank you!! so true. the more you put yourself out there the more ready you have to be to accept criticism and not let it affect you.

Being famous or a celebrity or having lots of people talk about you is very tough in that sense bc you really have to train yourself to drown out all the opinions about you. I respect those people immensely for their tough and thick skin, being able to withstand the brunt of so many negative opinions and criticisms. The thing to remember is that people’s perception of you isn’t the truth/ it’s just their narrow limited view based on the small context they have of you (eg they saw you in a movie or saw your social media and judge you for it). their view leaves out all of the stuff they don’t know about the real you, it’s just a processed biased and context lacking distortion of the real you. All they are going on is that little title they read in the headlines or some pictures of you or some things others said about you.

it’s never the real picture!