1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Yo guys...I'm new to this platform...i wanna change myself,have control over my thoughts and urges..

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Nashhu, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Nashhu

Nashhu New Fapstronaut

Yo guys...I'm new to this platform...i wanna change myself,have control over my thoughts and urges..hoping to get help from y'all!!

Cactus61 likes this.
  2. mistergonzo

mistergonzo Fapstronaut

Personally, I think the easiest way to control urges is by getting outside of yourself. Think of your consciousness as being a television screen. You can watch whatever you want. You can think about the past, imagine the future, or observe what's around you. At all times when you are conscious, there will be senses informing you as to what is in the present. When you begin to feel urges, you can identify that's what you're feeling, and change the channel to be present. Check in briefly with each of your 5 senses. I would then get yourself engaged in an activity that requires your focus, whether it be work, cleaning you space, exercising, or communicating with someone.

Cactus61 likes this.