1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcrack

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Whackless, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

ERM Warcraft, World of Warcraft.

Does anyone play WoW? Did anyone? Why did you stop if you once travelled around Azeroth? Why do you continue to grind your soul away if you did not stop?

How do you justify the repetitiveness if you play/ed it? Can one justify mmo mechanics logically may be the real question.

I don't hate it. I'm not bashing it by speaking in this manner. I'm just speaking the honest truth of what it is really all about that's all.

2. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

Other mmorpg's I've wasted time playing (time that was more like smoking crack or shooting digital heroin than playing a video game):
    • EVE
    • Guild Wars 1 & 2
    • Age of Conan
    • Aion
    • Gosh I know there's a handful more but cannot recall them, none compared to WoW, WoW was the only one that totally devoured my soul for years
    I think it's the interaction with people in a virtual world, one sometimes loses their grip on the real world and gets sucked in over their heads. I played WoW with someone I knew offline and it was a total waste of time but it was so amazing while playing it. I hated the game at first, everything about it sucked, until I started playing with someone I knew and Blizzard somehow sunk its hooks deep into the core of my soul. They have a way of doing that to people. Just Blizzard, no other game company can do this.

3. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

I remember when BioWare's Star Wars mmo was coming out, there was so much hype around it. People were saying it might be the WoW killer. Lol, we all know how that went (well if you were a gamer back then and played it).

I think only Blizzard's next mmo will dethrone WoW. I've been out of a gaming for a while now but my intuition tells me there hasn't been a more worthwhile contender yet.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  4. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

Well. I should slow down my reminiscing. I'm typing poorly and mixing up info. The old tinker is fried. I find it odd, mmorpg's. How popular they are. But how much they really suck compared to other games.

I get a feeling they still all suck pretty much. But that doesn't reduce the addictive quality of them. A paradox.

5. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

One last thought, Star Trek mmo. Forget the exact title and not worth it to look it up, my friend was all excited about it. It was a dud when it came out though. I will never play a mmorpg ever again. I lost interest in games a few years ago. WoW called to me today, crazy. Just not worth getting sucked back into a make believe world. Virtual fantasy is so tempting for so many people. Maybe if Blizzard releases a new mmo...no. I find it crazy I'm thinking about WoW. After all these years, the fuckin' thing still reigns supreme among mmorpg's.

6. I have mixed feelings about wow. I could never fully enjoy it because I always had my bouts with minor depression since very early teens. It is indeed a waste of time more or less, you could definitely do other things.

My former friends first played on this private server deathwing, even back in vanilla days, til they crossed over to retail.

Vanilla for me sucks, I don't see the magic in it at all. I tried Elysium project recently and I just didn't care. Also maybe because I have no one to play with. I tried vanilla back as a kid, quit and waited for TBC to come out.

The burning crusade is definitely more of a 'game' and for me is more fun to play. It started the wow machine and the cinematic was played everywhere and it had a good hype behind it. I played til level 33(paladin blood elf) only to quit. I felt lonely in wow, everyone had this zombie focus to be the best and obtain the best. Little fun left.

I skipped wrath of the lich king. Now this is when people were hooked.

I came back for Cataclysm. At this point, early in, it was at its highest peak. I liked the worgen race and the first 20 levels were actually fun. This is when wow became more playable personally. I even reached max level on a crappy laptop doing battlegrounds and getting exp that way. After max level it became boring and I quit.

After Cataclysm wow is dead. Legion looks like a freaking League of Legends copy and playing wow is just a waste of time and money at this point even more because you know you will regret it.

I also bought wow accounts got scammed, so I scammed others. This was TBC era, now it is almost impossible to scam someone. I don't even know if people sell their accounts.

I would want to play a private TBC server but it is just such a waste of time. I feel lonely playing it.

7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I've actually never played that game.