woman trying to overcome addiction/depression, thanks in advance for reading and any support :)

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Sleeping_Beauty, May 29, 2016.

1. Sleeping_Beauty

Sleeping_Beauty Fapstronaut

I'm determined to make it work this time. I've gone without masturbation before for 5 weeks-it was a tough one-but the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits from it were phenomenal!

That being said, it's definitely not an easy task to overcome this addiction...

I've become convinced that when you release with an orgasm, you're releasing more than just sexual tension. I theorize that an orgasm is a powerful release of life energy-which makes sense when you consider that it results in creating a baby-a new life of its own. Just my thoughts.

Last time I went without it, I felt an intense surge after just 4 days! Then like many others on here have experienced, the surge left. But my overall focus, creative energy, physical energy, social charisma, and spiritual connection improved noticeably with each passing week. I could work out for twice as long, three times as hard, and still feel ready for more. I noticed that I connected more easily with people. Walking about the gym, I'd draw stares of interest from men. I could feel them look at me-a new sensation (I feel so detached from people normally, I can't feel any energetic connection)-and return the gaze and immediately there was an almost spiritual connection. Their eyes would have that look of attraction in them. My relations with women also improved. I saw smiles from them much more easily, and they seemed much more happy to talk and make friends than they had been before! Definitely a nice experience :)

I'm someone who's struggled with depression for many years, and constantly experiencing a lack of motivation, energy, and just overall emotion. It's really hard being numb and uninspired all the time. But when I abstained for so long, I noticed drastic improvements in all this...

It was hard for me to admit to myself that no PMO was really necessary for me, but now I think it's time to get real and improve this part of my life. Overall, I'm treating my depression, and this could-no, will-speed up the process.

Thank you for reading all or even part of this account here. I'm so happy to have found a community of people who share this same goal. Also, knowing other people read this helps me stay accountable.

Best wishes to all those on their journey and congratulations to those who have succeeded in their goals on here!

2. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Hey, welcome back to the fight.

I hope you can make it further than you've ever gone before. A community does really help with that. I saw you posted a thread for an AP, but I thought I'd offer you an alternative / additional suggestion: consider starting a journal here on NoFap. It is like having the whole community be your AP.

Cheers!

3. Sleeping_Beauty

Thank you!

And thanks for the suggestion. It does seem like that would be a good way to stay determined-I'll get writing a journal now.

4. Hi I'm willing to support your efforts.

5. Sleeping_Beauty

Thank you! Likewise to you.