1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wives want their husbands to adore them

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by TryingHard2Change, May 13, 2018.

1. RingoRules

RingoRules Fapstronaut

This is how those statements translate in my marriage of 20+ years:

* Wives want their husbands to adore them
    My wife wants me to express to her how much I love her

* Wives want to be on their husbands mind all day at work
    My wife wants me to be productive at work and when I can send some texts to see how her day is going.

* Wives want their husbands to be thinking, "I can't wait until I get home to see my wife"
    My wife wants me to be present and engage with her when I return from work

* Wives want to feel like the center of their husband's world
    My wife wants to know that our relationship is the most important one to me.

* Wives want to be the center of their husband's attention
    My wife wants to feel that when I'm with her that I'm fully present and listening to her.

It's not quite like this every single day of course, but we both try to be the best partners that we can be every day. We've been through a lot, and we both our recovering from addictions, but we've been able to put the hard work in and survive the really bad times.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. usernamenaive

usernamenaive Fapstronaut

that sounds much more like it!

Jennica and TryingHard2Change like this.
  3. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

Also... don't choose a crappy glass.

4. Hm... I'm not sure I fully agree with this list, as it seems impossible and unrealistic to achieve.

Personally, for myself, I expect God to be more important and central in my husband's life than me. So that's the first thing.

But that aside, I definitely don't expect him to have me on his mind all day every day, or to always be so excited to come home and see me. I mean don't get me wrong, that's nice, but he has other things in life besides me that demand his attention or that he might be excited about. It feels really nice, of course, when he texts me and says he can't wait to come home and watch shows with me or something. But sometimes he has a new game he's enjoying, so he's excited to come home and play that. And I have things that I'm excited about too that don't always involve him.

I think there's a difference between having someone on your mind all day and having them being the center of your attention, versus having someone be the more important thing in you're life. The former is impossible, but the latter is not. I know I'm more important to my husband than video games, of course, but I also know that he really likes video games and that's okay too. Lol

Idk, maybe I'm taking your list too literally or seriously, but those were my thoughts.

5. Yes, agreed. That list is much more realistic.

RingoRules likes this.