1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

will swimming get me in shape

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Hey I have just started swimming, I am not out of shape but I won't to become a bit stronger and more toned so if I swim laps 5 or 6 times a week for an hour each time will that eventually gain me muscle?

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Swimming is great cardio.

3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Swimming is terrific exercise, as it tends to use a ton of your muscles.

4. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Swimming is an amazing workout and will improve your fitness on all sorts of levels. Whether or not it will help you reach your particular goal for muscle growth is another question.

I'd look at pictures of Olympic swimmers and ask if that's the look you're going for. If you want more muscle than that, I would definitely suggest weight training. Nothing will build muscle faster than that.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. metamorpheus

metamorpheus Fapstronaut

I definitely gained a little muscle during my biggest swimming kick. I lost more fat than anything. If by "toned" you mean losing fat and building your endurance, swimming for an hour 6 days a week is going to do that for sure. But I agree with SuperFan that weight training is best if muscle is what you're after. A couple of months ago, I started weight training 5 to 6 days a week with a little bit of swimming and running for extra cardio and I'm already in the best shape I've been in since high school.

SuperFan likes this.
  6. Yeah I have been waking up very early and hitting the pool doing some laps. On Monday Wendsday and Friday since the pool opens at 6 A.M I am going to hit the pool on both those day and then stick to resisted cell training for Tuesday Thursday and Saturday. To be honest I want to look like I am in good shape but I don't want to get too big I need more enderance then anything.

7. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Honestly, as long as you're not doing steroids, it's really hard to get "too big". Plus, building muscle mass takes time. You can always stop whenever you want. It's not like you'll wake up one day looking like the Hulk, and go "oh crap, I got too big!" lol

metamorpheus likes this.
  8. LOL I never said that what, I am working out for toned muscles but endurance is more important to me then anything else. On top of that this new routine is helping fight PMO so all is good my freind .

9. swimming is awesome excersize man. I was a lifeguard for 6 years and all of that swimming had me in the best shape of my life

To put it into perspective, I was a very in shape all conference high school athlete when I started my lifeguard training -- and I still threw up the first day and was sore for probably a week after that. Swimming is just a different world of excersize

10. Yeah I do feel it although I am not doing to that extent lol.

11. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

OH YEAH TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL IF YOUR GYM HAS SWIM AREOBICS TRY A FEW CLASSES THE ENERGY IS AMAZING!

12. I wish but my gym don't have it.