1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Will stopping games and to much netflix help?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 21, 2021.

1. I read a lot that they are basically instant rewards for the brain. For me, gaming has a big negative impact on my mood, sleep, motivation, and grades for school. I wasted 8 years of intensive gaming. In all that time I could be a lot happier and more productive.

I gotta quit the gams, and only watch movies on the nights/weekends.

FezMan76 likes this.
  2. FezMan76

FezMan76 Fapstronaut

I guess so. I used to play videogames a lot during my freetime, and it wasn't until too long ago that I realized how negatively it was affecting my health and social life (I was very overweight, nearly obese, and didn't have many friends). Ever since I've stopped playing video games and watching too much TV over a year ago, my quality of life has improve tremendously as I have found the time and energy that I need to do homework and other productive things more often.

However, instead of videogames, I've found that YouTube is taking up a lot of my time as well, so I need to heavily moderate it. Too much artificial stimuli is bad for you I'd say. Watching TV/playing games/ using social media is alright but only in moderation, as otherwise it'll drag you down an endless spiral of new posts and things that aren't real, which is very hard to escape from.

anselem likes this.