1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

will NoFap no pmo lead me to weight gain

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Ynith..07, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Ynith..07

Ynith..07 Fapstronaut

Iam new to nofap. Iam underweight will along with nofap and eating good protein food will help me increase my weight

2. CaroKann

CaroKann Fapstronaut

I dont think Nofap is linked to weight loss/gain. Most important is eating more calories then you burn, there are apps to track calories and u can use something like this: https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html to calculate how much calories u burn in a day. what is your goal? mostly aiming for muscle gain or also fat gain?

Batdrew and Ynith..07 like this.
  3. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

Nofap isn't about weight loss or weight gain.
    Probably you ate more than your body needed so you got kg on your body.
    This is a basic principle: if you eat less than your body needs, you lose weight, otherwise you take weight.

Ynith..07 likes this.
  4. greenboy_01

greenboy_01 Fapstronaut

Yes that's true calories in calories out. So if it's difficult to eat you need to eat more calorie dense foods but keep it healthy don't go binging on fastfood and stuff but try increasing calorie intake.

Ynith..07 likes this.
  5. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

Yes exactly...
    I eat measuring calories intake. I like workout (powerlifting/bodybuilding related [during this pandemic I can not go to the gym, but after I'll do]) and I have to measure... Trust me if you study yourself you can understand how much your body needs to lose or take weight..

6. greenboy_01

greenboy_01 Fapstronaut

Indeed I am 185 so a bit over 6 ft 3 months ago I weighed 63kg or 138 pounds now I am a bit under 69 kg (152 pounds). I just increased my calorie intake by 400 daily and cut out some cardio for now.

7. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

63 kg for 185 is very very few. Also 69kg is few if you are really tall 185 cm. Maybe you are very young and you have to grew a lot yet.

400 kcal in one day is too much... Now it worked because you are very under weighted, but in general, if you will do some sports and if you want to take some calories, you have to increment them about 200 kcal/week until you reach a point in which you get 1 kg/month. Otherwise if you gain too much, most of kg taken will be of fat and not muscle. I don't know if you understand me, sorry for my english.

An example:
    your body need 2000 kcal to remain weight steady.
    if you want to get weight increase: 2200kcal 1° week.
    2400 kcal 2° week, 2600 kcal 3° week... You stop when in the end of the week you got 250 g (1 kg/month)
    Understood?

8. greenboy_01

greenboy_01 Fapstronaut

I do weight training 4 times a week. My daily calorie expenditure in rest is around 1800. So I'm pretty active and do weight training so I guess 2400 ~2500 calories a day isn't that much or am I wrong? Funny fact till last year I was overweight my whole l
    life.

9. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

2500 kcal probably, seeing that you do weight training 4 times/week, it's ok to go on your "right weight".

You have to see:
    want to get weight? If the answer is yes, you have to increase kcal.. So instead of 2500 kcal, put 2700 kcal for one week. If after the week you got around 250g, continue with this number (because 250 g times 4 weeks = 1 kg/month); otherwise increase again.. so 2800 kcal... 2900 kcal...
    This is the reasoning.

Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, I am not an expert, I am just a guy that likes these arguments and I just try on myself. I just know how my body works, I don't know anything about yours.

10. greenboy_01

greenboy_01 Fapstronaut

Hmm I won't increase it anymore I think I'm gaining weight enough now I think if I increase it I will get loads of fat and at some point I want to be shredded I rather gain weight slowly than supper fast.

11. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

Yes that is good... What I did was an example, so if you are gaining already with your kcal, you are going it well. :)
    Keep going on!

ps: In my humble opinion, to be shredded you have first get a good weight (around 82-83 kg), otherwise you could result too much skinny to be considered shredded.

Ynith..07 likes this.
  12. greenboy_01

greenboy_01 Fapstronaut

I don't really know what to do my first plan was to eat like this till the end of january aiming for around 72 kg and than eating in a very little deficit to try losing a bit of fat but idk if that's a good idea

Lufaro likes this.
  13. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

Do you want to lose weight if you are 72 kg? If you are tall 185 cm I don't think is good idea. Or maybe you are not tall 185 cm.
    This is just my opinion.
    I am 180cm tall and my weight is 75 kg, before to be shredded I need to be in bulk to get at least 82-83 kg, then I can have a little deficit to return 77-78 kg shredded... Otherwise you'll be too much thin (and it is not so healthy).

greenboy_01 likes this.
  14. greenboy_01

greenboy_01 Fapstronaut

yeah maybe
    okay yeah you're right but maybe not such a big surplus I'm very scared to get fat again like in my past