1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why you should get into cycling

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Waifukiller, Jul 30, 2019.

Do you cycle?

1. Indeed

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No, but i should

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Waifukiller

Waifukiller New Fapstronaut

Hey, fellow people of the community, WK (Waifukiller) here.
    I see a lot of people on this thread around my age (18) who struggle.
    As a person who struggles with anxiety, I found that a great escape is going on my bike, and just riding. You'd be surprised how good the world looks. Not only that, it will provide a nice workout, some self-reflecting time, and hopefully drain the energy so you won't have the urge to fap. Cycling can be a social event too, with group rides and even competitions. That's pretty much the end of my little speech on why you should cycle.
    Adios Anons.

Alex1993 likes this.
  2. ReLvr

ReLvr Fapstronaut

YES! So true. I cycled my first 100 miles last Saturday and it was beyond fulfilling. Its adventure, exercise, travel, discovery, nature, all in one. Its also MOVEMENT - just moving in nature and feeling motion caused my your own power is subconsciously beneficial, I think. No matter how far you go just enjoy it but also do two or three bursts to hit the High Intensity Intervals you hear so much about. That will spike your feel-good hormones, grow new capillaries and improve your energy systems.

Its an easy way to build self-respect and get out of the house and away from that damn computer. You want to know what you're made of? Are you a beast, a warrior (insert cliche here..) then challenge yourself to a long or hard ride. Trust me, do the long or hard ride FOUR times and the fifth time its a breeze! With rest, stretching and proper recovery you will realize how we only hold ourselves back due to our own minds. Your body improves at order-of magnitude and you can't comprehend it when you're in a state of depression or anxiety.

What I do is go for a ride then chill at a coffee shop and check my email. When you arrive at the coffee shop you're already feeling great, like you just did something that most people wouldn't do. Do it!

Deleted Account and Waifukiller like this.
  3. Waifukiller

Waifukiller New Fapstronaut

Dude that is AMAZING! 100 miles in going to be my endurance goal. Must take some self discipline in the mind to keep going for that long.

ReLvr likes this.
  4. ReLvr

ReLvr Fapstronaut

For those of you trying to push it, here are some techniques I use to keep the momentum going:

If you're doing hard or long rides, soak your muscles in ice cold water for as cold and long as possible. This reduces the inflammation. Also if you find a flowing river just jump in and sit in the river to cool your muscle. Trust me, this helps so much.
    Take BCAA and L-carnocine and Omega 3 for recovery.
    Get your bike fitted for comfort. If you're spending hours and hours on a bike then this makes a huge difference. Even a Youtube vid on this helps.
    Get a cheap bike computer. Measure your distance and time.. positive feedback motivates.
    Don't ride to the point where you hit a wall. Fatigue increases the likelihood of accidents.
    Carb load your muscles over a span of two days prior to a long ride. Potatoes, pasta, oatmeal.
    Do sprints! PUSH DAMN IT!

Ok, rant done.

Waifukiller likes this.