1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it so hard for me to wake up

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

i get plenty of sleep. Yet it feels like a ton of bricks are holding me doen whenever I try to get up when I have to. It’s also incredibly easy for me to fall back asleep whenever I’m attempting to wale up. My arms often ache too. Does anyone know what this might be ? I am on meds already for depression and social anxiety.

2. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

It's the depression, I feel the same way as well regarding waking up. My advice would be to make an effort to wake up as early as possible, get the early sunshine in your face, and implement good sleep hygiene habits like going to bed early and no computer or phone before bed. I like this list: https://www.criticalcactus.com/how-to-sleep-better/

I hope it helps.

Knighthawk and Kman20 like this.
  3. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

These are really signs of depression. Now your task is to adjust your sleep mode! Try all available methods to go to bed earlier, and accordingly wake up in the morning earlier than usual.

Kman20 likes this.
  4. titkata92

titkata92 Fapstronaut

That's like me before years ago. Try to sleep at 10 pm until 6 am. This is the most wonderful time to sleep. Try to make the alarm

Kman20 likes this.
  5. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Thanks guys. Feels like a heavy weight on me. I would literally wake up grab my phone and turn on the light on it and start scrolling then I’d just drop it on top my chest and fall back to sleep.

6. Likely depression so get help with that. Try to treat sleep like a workout, sleep is so utterly important it should be illegal to sleep less than 8 hours. I've started using ZMA again and my sleep quality improved, I also used the Philips wake up light which is a lot more pleasant than the standard alarm. Though if your not willing to get a good amount of quality sleep unfortunately cheating yourself of years of your life and quality of life. Easier said than done though most people just make a nicety rather than a necessity.

outlander.9 likes this.
  7. outlander.9

outlander.9 Fapstronaut

Sounds like depression dude.

It's gonna sound a little sappy, but if you don't currently have one maybe you need to give yourself a reason to get on your feet when you wake up. A pet, a job, something important.

8. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

You're absolutely right. Scientists have recognized that the best time to sleep is from 10 pm to 6 am, when the body recovers, gaining new strength, brain activity ceases and completely lost nerve cells during brain activity during the day. Therefore, it is rational to go to bed during this period of time.

9. nef

nef Fapstronaut

Eat HIGH ENERGY FOODS like fruits ,dry fruits apples and bananas are the best ,drink plenty of water if your water level is low you feel tired and sleepy. just try to get sleep of 7-8 hours. If you still feel sleepy go out and do some exercise it will pump your body, waking you up and sunlight also helps it has some-kind of vitamins in its light that wakes the cells of human body .

Kman20 likes this.
  10. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Thanks I fo all of these except work out regularly and get sunlight. I have acne and use a medication that makes my skin very vulnerable to sun light and increases my susceptibility to skin cancer so I stray away from that. I usually sleep from 11 to 7 or 8 so I’m getting enough hours but it just never feels like enough guys.

11. Shelby_Reddington

Shelby_Reddington Fapstronaut

There are some people like me who need as much sleep as they can get (10+ hous). If your body is aching, I say by all means let it sleep if your day is free. No shame in resting and waking up feeling good.

Kman20 likes this.
  12. outlander.9

outlander.9 Fapstronaut

Taking Vitamin D3 might help you out considerably.

nef and Kman20 like this.
  13. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

What is this vitamin ? And what does it do ?

14. outlander.9

outlander.9 Fapstronaut

To put it simply, D3 is what our bodies get from being out in the sunlight.

I'm not a guy that takes and recommends many supplements but this one is clinically proven and the science behind it is sound. Dont expect a miracle but I've noticed that I seem to have slightly better energy levels and moods whenever I take it for awhile. A bottle of it will only cost about 8 or 9 bucks and last for several months.

nef likes this.
  15. SRG444

SRG444 Fapstronaut

Cutting caffeine really helped me wake up easier. Even if you’re not drinking/eating caffeine in the evening.

16. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    last night when i was laying in bed falling a sleep i listen to the radio an last night the radio jock guy gave advice on sleeping, he talked about a technique, i use to practice something similar an it does work but it takes practice an awhile to get into the exercise, i stopped doing it cause i use to suffer from something called sleep paralysis ,

17. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    what is sleep paralysis ,its messed up phenomon some people suffer, you want an idea of it, watch night mare on elm street ,that movie is based on sleep paralysis , i use to be scared to go to sleep when i was younger

18. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Lol thanks but my problem isn’t falling asleep it’s waking up and having a restful sleep. I don’t think nightmare on elm street was based on sleep paralysis. It is scary though I’ve had it.

19. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

That's thing I have a job, I'm a full time student, and just started volunteering. It's the only thing I have to "look forward to" in my day. Or the only thing I have to do with substance. Otherwise I'd just be eating and reading(Which isn't bad). On days off I literally sleep all day.

20. When I was 14, I suffered a blow to my head which damaged my brain. No matter how much I slept I never felt rested. As I grew older, and was diagnosed and medicated I had to figure out what medication worked and tapper down over time. I also was advised to cut suggar and manage the caffeine. Eventually I recovered with very little side effects, but another thing that really drains your energy is you know what.. In fact it demotivates you and causes depression all together.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018