1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why i can't talk to girls???

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Flyman66666, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Flyman66666

Flyman66666 Fapstronaut

I am 23 year old guy. Currently studying engineering in a university. I am a shy type guy. I never have the confidence to talk to a girl even with my classmate. How horrible this is!!!!
    I dont know what to do!!! I need a gf!!, But i can't even talk to a girl.
    I did semen retention for 4 months but no such difference noticed, no confidence achieved.
    I really need to find the solution!!!!

2. Might I recommend to you the reading of “Psycho Cybernetics” as valuable literature for this undertaking?

3. "Karmanye vadhika raste, Ma phaleshu kadachana
    Ma karma phala he tur bhuh, ma te sangotsva karmanye"

You have a right to “Karma” (actions) but never to any Fruits(results) thereof. You should never be motivated by the results of your actions, nor should there be any attachment in not doing your prescribed activities.

A Soul and Master Builder like this.
  4. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

Maybe that's the problem :) Obsessing about the "need" of having something or someone, or really obssessing about anything, renders you paralysed when you're in a situation where you could get what you want. Social anxiety for instance, if you're obsessing about the "neeed" to be perceived as normal or at least not weird, you'll start to sweat it, wondering if every little thing you do could be seen as weird, and therefore you show anxiety and... become weird and repel people. Sad.

Let it go and you'll get it man. Or maybe you won't. But it's a matter of mindset, you don't "need" a girlfriend, you're a grown up, you can take care of your needs. (look it up on youtube mate! how to meet your own needs, how to let go etc)

"Attachment is the root of all suffering" they say

Anyway, know that you are not alone, I'm myself struggling with all of this, for instance even though I consciously know I don't need a gf, that it would just be a plus in my life, my subconsious mind gives me a seizure every time I see woman I might like :) Sad. lmao
    Meditation and doing stuff to meet my need have made me improve this last month though. Godspeed!

A Soul, WookieItalo and Flyman66666 like this.
  5. StarFox79

StarFox79 Fapstronaut

You don't need a girlfriend, you need to get comfortable with yourself first. Believe me, you are lucky that you don't have a girlfriend. If you get the girlfriend first, you're likely going to end up with someone that is toxic for you. People end up in bad relationships because they believe that they "need" a boyfriend or a girlfriend. But, being alone is infinitely better than being in a bad relationship.

"Semen retention" won't give you confidence, which seems like a really bizarre idea to me. Confidence comes from practice, and practice comes from repeatedly trying, which requires getting over the fear of looking stupid. Fortunately, you can start small and work your way up.

The first thing to do is to stop thinking of women as "women", but think of women as ordinary people. Why would you talk to anyone at all? Maybe you need directions? Ask a woman for directions. Practice a bunch of low risk interactions that you would do with anyone, but ask women. Lower the risk even more by starting with old ladies.

If you can get over the fear of simple interactions, next ask questions. If you genuinely want to know something about someone, what would you ask? This is a really cool trick, because people love talking about themselves. So, if you cam find the right question, you can get a conversation going without much effort on your part.

Once you can get comfortable having meaningful conversations, next try compliments. Notice something about the woman and give her a nice, genuine compliment. At this level, don't sexualize things.

Finally, once you are comfortable talking to women as normal human beings, that's when you can try flirting. Don't do this first until you can handle normal interactions, otherwise you will come off as a creep.

This will take awhile. Don't rush it. In the meantime, work on yourself! Develop interests and hobbies, pay some attention to your appearance. If you take care of yourself, you will project value. Women are more receptive to men that value themselves. But that's also true of all people.

6. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

We will cure that's it as simple as fuck

DeterminedRebooter likes this.
  7. Flyman66666

Flyman66666 Fapstronaut

Thank you brother..

DeterminedRebooter likes this.
  8. First remember that semen retention and NoFap aren't gonna solve all of your problems or suddenly make you feel more confident although overcoming any addiction has its benefits.

Just like a person recovering from a broken ankle needs to exercise that ankle through physical therapy; a person who believes that they aren't capable of talking with girls just needs to talk to girls in order to get better at it. Also don't think of girls as "girls" but instead just people, because they are human too and when you talk to girls; think of it as talking to a person first and foremost rather than talking to a girl. Once you have understood that, don't think of talking to people as a chore or task but rather just a way of communication.

Understanding these principles is what helped me be able to talk with almost anyone at ease and while I can't promise it will work for you I urge you to try it.

Flyman66666 likes this.