1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

'Why do I feel more confident?' Answered

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by goodnice 2.0, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Some user posted the following:
    'Acting out zaps my confidence. Getting longer streaks enhances it. It's weird and when I have time I would like to know more about the science behind it.'

To which I wanted to share my response below
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

there will not be much science as in research backing that, bc just look at what science says now "masturbation is healthy" lol. But I will tell you a few reasons why it happens.

Its because
    1) From a moralistic perspective, it feels GODLY to have such self control. Self control is what makes a man. Anything that is against your morals/ consciousness will plummet your self confidence. Anything that aligns with your consciousness (sense of what is right/ what you would like to do ideally/ best version of yourself) will build up your self confidence. When you are on a long streak, you know deep down that you are being a real man, having self control, not being a puppet to your urges. Hence, your confidence and self belief grows. When you act out, you violated your own standards, you did something you said you wouldn't do for the 1000th time, you harmed yourself even though you knew the consequences...

2) What man would have self confidence after doing something so shameful? Despite one's attempts to mitigate it, to excuse it, to say "everyone does it, there is nothing shameful about it", deep down you know that you shouldn't. You know its a silly beta male activity. You know you would never wanna be caught doing it, you would never want other people to know you do it. Is it shameful bc its secret, or simply bc its wrong? I will not get into the debate about whether or not its morally wrong, but there is no debate as to the harm of the practice. They used to literally call it self harm.

3) From a more religious perspective. the knowledge of good and evil, which is tied at its root to sexuality. All of those who say otherwise are lacking the essential gnosis (knowledge). The cornerstone of all secret doctrines is sex. Sex is a topic of offense, it is a weakness, a stone of stumbling, a stone that causes one to fall into fanaticism and ignorance. This is the stone of sex Adam and Eve stumbled upon when they fell. Adam and Eve fell not simply by disobedience, but by sexual disobedience [which is why they covered their private parts in shame]. For at the base of all human activity one finds the central importance of sex.

In order to return to our departure point, we must obey, by resisting the temptation to “eat” the fruit of the Tree of Good and Evil. When we reach orgasm, the most wonderful and beautiful power of man is depleted and wasted all for the name of desire."

4) From a physical perspective, you are losing a lot of nutrients. People will say you can simply make up for it with a few good meals. People will say "your body is constantly making more sperm anyway". People will say "Use it or lose it". These are all simply false in that you cannot simply ingest some foods or pills to compensate for spilling the ingredients to create a human life. You just killed 200 million sperm (potential radiant beautiful human beings) in one pump without even thinking twice. Now do that twice a day for years on end, and you think there won't be significant repercussions?? Furthermore, according to the book "Onanism" from the 1800s, which regarded masturbation as a criminal activity, it is not merely the loss of semen that causes such devastating effects. It is the orgasm (the quake, the explosive loss of energy, the spasm) that shatters the nervous system, deranges the digestive system. I have found this to be true as well. Again, you are damaging your body. Try sleeping 4 hours a night for a week, and see how confident you feel stepping outside. The more healthy you are, the more confident you will feel. Masturbation is the epitome of unhealth. If you are unaware of the vast negative consequences of the habit on the human body, I will not try to persuade you. Books were written before the modern advice that emphatically railed against masturbation, labelling it as a pernicious habit that destroys body mind and soul, even going so far as to call it a panacea that was ruining the upcoming generation of youth. Most people these days are simply and sadly unaware how deep this rabbit hole goes

5) You have billions of trillions of your future selected sons and daughters backing you up when you are on a long streak that would otherwise not be within you if you had 'acted out'. They bolster you and give you another level of confidence. Thinking about it from an evolutionary perspective, your genes want to be passed on, so when you dont let loose, they do things that will help you procreate, which includes bumping up your confidence. When you 'act out', you know deep down you are letting something very important for your body go out, and this subconsciously manifests in insecurity and weakness. You will never be fully secure in yourself until you stop 'leaking'. By keeping it within, you plug the leaking hole in a ship full of insecurity and neediness. You become a true man

6) More testosterone and androgen receptors equals higher confidence. Its silly people read that 7 day testosterone peaks trial and believe they should masturbate every 7 days to keep their T up. Um, hello? Testosterone baseline levels are HIGHER than they would be normally if a person was masturbating. [​IMG]

The left is the classic soyboy who has zero self control. When you have higher testosterone you will look and feel better. Its literally hormonal

2. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Fapstronaut

This thread is so epic brother, beautifully said!

The only way we can become TRUE men is if we stop wasting our precious seed. Wasting your life force leads to misery, suffering, agony and eventually death.

All for what? 2 seconds of pleasure?

I once heard, "A man who wastes his seed is like a man stealing his jewels from his own home." Protect your precious jewels fellas.

3. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

Great summary. Only issue I have now is, that my desire for a woman after 4 months hardmode is making me feel miserable, frustrated. I did not have this on my previous longer streaks. Its extremely strong now, disgusting. That desire is a weakness, and that weakness grows. Its next level streak this one, we learn thru pain. This is my lesson now.

4. Be the exception

Be the exception Fapstronaut

At least you know its a weakness... now time to man up.

5. Legacy of Lost Soul

When u have no idea, its better to stay silent.

6. Be the exception

Be the exception Fapstronaut

Did I hurt your feelings?

7. Legacy of Lost Soul

8. :emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_beer::emoji_popcorn::emoji_laughing: I shriek with joy when I see these little prickly disputes take over a thread. Grab a popcorn and beer fellas the shows on…

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  9. Legacy of Lost Soul

Hey, Be the exception, all is forgotten mate, lets just beat the fuck out of this new guy

10. Hey you the post is epic. The image you show of man with low testo. I feel like its similar to me. He is looking just like me. Can you tell details about men boobs and fap relations.