why chocolate was ban in past?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by u376, Jun 9, 2018.

1. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

just a random thought popped up.....
    few months back i was watching a movie named "chocolat" on television .....
    in it there is a woman who manufactures chocolate related products........and she was outcasted by local priest.......as he consider it to be immoral.......i googled and found out that chocolate increases horniness(temptation)
    i found it stupid because i have been eating chocolate quite often.....and i dont consider it to increase temptaion........even i have heard that girls prefer it during their "cycle"......
    and in that movie eating chocolate was being related to satan.......haha
    what are your views?

2. Chocolat is a work of fiction, it didn't really happen. The movie is also dumb because they're French but they're speaking English in it :emoji_unamused:

u376 likes this.
  3. That was a brilliant film, Depp and Juliette were great in there. They had French accents and such but for them speaking English? That doesn't make it dumb mate, many movies and games have done that very same thing and as you said yourself it's a work of fiction.

4. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Ok..... actually some say that caffeine addiction increases temptations
    That's why I was doubting about chocolate
    I watched that just for Johnny Depp
    And didn't watched it completely

5. One of my pet peeves are movies that have characters that are in a country that doesn't speak English speaking English. It's a good story but why have it set in France if they have to speak English? This factor spoils the whole movie for me.

6. I personally disagree. I like hearing accents and if they did it that way every movie would be set in America or England, or one of the few other dominant english countries. Either that or everything would be subtitled (which is my pet peeve)

Deleted Account, MLMVSS and u376 like this.
  7. emm... No they wouldn't. English speaking countries aren't the countries with a film industry. France has a rather big film industry.

8. I have no idea why chocolate was banned. Maybe it was racist?

9. I meant for us. They would either have to be set in english speaking countries or we would have to read subtitles.

10. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Haha
    No matter what Wonka must be upset

11. Creepiest-Willy-Wonka_kindlephoto-512328318.jpg

Deleted Account and u376 like this.
  12. It was never banned. I think @udit376 should give us the link he found because I searched the first five pages of Google and found nothing about Chocolate once being banned.

13. Maybe you could learn the languages :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have no problem with subtitles at first, I didn't like them but now it's like they're speaking a language I know.

14. I think hes just talking about the movie "chocolat" starring johnny depp

u376 likes this.
  15. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Actually the post which I read around 3-4 months back was not regarding ban it was regarding increase in temptation
    That's why I have asked "was chocolate ban"
    And I am still not able to find that specific chocolate temptation post
    But here is another one similar to it
    https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.eatthis.com/foods-to-increase-your-sex-drive/&hl=en-IN

16. Considering it's a British/American produced film it makes sense why they speak English too. I like watching subtitled movies but also dubs if the actors are good. But yeah, if the accents are done well they're nice to hear. :D

So a movie can never be set in another country and have them speak English? Many films have been set in different countries but have done the same thing, you mean to tell me you wouldn't watch any of them? That would honestly suck to not watch a film because of something as small as that. :/

17. No, I don't. The only exception I made was Noah because it was set in a time when they spoke an unknown language. I don't mind a film like The Italian Job because the main characters are Americans going to Italy. But I would have a problem if the locals spoke English too. I am troubled by the Star Wars movies because I'm not sure if they should be speaking English.

18. To each his own I guess, I've never seen it as a problem and didn't even know people apparently considered it one. If a company bastardised a historical event or somthing true I could see it but not just for a fictional film.

19. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

at the end of the day we must understand the plot
    and english is most spoken language