1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why can tomboys exist but not the other way around?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by The human failure, Oct 27, 2016.

1. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

I don't understand why girls can wear guys clothing and act masculine and not be ostracized but when guys start acting feminine everything goes to hell and back. Is a guy not acting masculine really that big of a crime?

Connor MacManus likes this.
  2. Depends on who you talk to, I think. Some tomboys I'm sure have felt ostracized, and I'm sure some feminine men feel totally comfortable and accepted.

3. The human failure

I guess I better save up my money then.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. I had a friend in college who was a bit of a pretty boy, and he was a total babe-magnet. I even had a crush on him, and my type is generally rugged kinda men. He was just a fantastic person though, so happy and kind and encouraging. Personality can make all the difference.

5. I love reading these.

Girl: He's an amazing, kind, happy, and encouraging babe-magnet.

Inquisitive Person: You two together?

Girl: No.

Sorry. It just makes me laugh. Nothing personal.

6. Noelle

Noelle Fapstronaut

My boyfriend is a little rugged and a little "feminine", I guess. He has a tight, slim body. But it's the kind of physique where you can tell there's muscle underneath. And he takes care of his skin. Washes his face in the morning and at night.

Fashion-wise, he's conscious of clashing colors and materials. But he doesn't obsess over it. So, I guess he's the best of both worlds. A guy's guy who's not afraid of experimenting with gels or facial creams if he thinks he'll look good.

7. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

That's very ironic that you mentioned your friend. When I was in college, however, there was this tomboy whom I really adored. Unfortunately, she was a lesbian, but it was pretty obvious. She was cute, adventurous, sassy, and really outgoing. The girl can break dance like no tomorrow and I was sure a few guys fell for her including myself. I enjoyed being around her when I had the chance. And like your friend, she had an amazing personality. It's funny how these things work out.

8. The human failure

Lesbians make me really sad. The only girls that have ever shown interest in me were lesbians that I met online that thought I was a girl. (yes plural) It's funny but it's also horrible and I hate it.

9. He was out of my league, in my opinion. I mean maybe he didn't feel that way, but I wasn't confident enough to have tried to go for him. Also we had incredibly different spiritual beliefs, which is something I'm not really willing to compromise on.

But anyway, have fun making snap judgments. It always works out well.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2016
  10. @StepsReborn: I don't see where I made a snap judgment about you personally, but hey you're free to get your panties in a wad. ;)

11. Yes

12. The human failure

I actually really like being a beta if that makes any sense. I feel more comfortable when I'm not in a position of power.

Connor MacManus and StepsReborn like this.
  13. It makes me so happy to see someone say this. I don't understand the obsession with needing to be an "alpha." The world needs "betas."

Connor MacManus likes this.
  14. The human failure

Really? Wow I've never heard someone say that. Usually I get insulted for not being an alpha. Thanks. I just need to figure out how to make my life better now :D

StepsReborn likes this.
  15. The human failure

It's mostly the latter xD I almost never interact with people cause of my social anxiety. I probably should change my signature though now that you mention it. And to be honest I'm really glad I don't have control over situations, I have enough stress already :D

16. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Well I'm sorry you feel that way man; I was just pointing out how some people of different sexual orientations can be amazing in terms of personality and such. Try not to put yourself down for something that those girls said, they don't know you.

17. The human failure

Hehe I look feminine but I don't think it's that ridiculous. I was talking about other forums and chat sites. They just assumed I was a girl because of my mannerisms. Thanks though >.>

18. Yeah, absolutely! imagine if every man in the world was an "alpha"... *shudders* there's a reason we weren't all made to be the same. Different people have different gifts and are used in different ways for different purposes. It's all good stuff!

The human failure likes this.
  19. I assumed you was a girl because of your avatar. That and your gender not being specified in your forum profile. Your forum nickname should be The Gender Failure (lol jk I don't mean to be rude).

Really man just be who you are. That alpha, beta nonsense is just another tool for people to stroke their own egos. And if somebody goes crazy about a man being feminine it shows who they are, it has nothing to do with you. If you are "beta" you can always find an 'alpha" girl, there are many relationship dynamics out there that works.

If you wanna get date tho you will need to show initiative. Some women might be dominant and like passive, cute, shy guys but they still expect them to take initiative at least initially. That's just how our society has trained us to think. If you don't you will need to wait and awfully long while.

20. The human failure

Yeah I hate taking initiative. I wish I had a way to deal with my social anxiety. It's crippled me for years now. Put some on Asperger's on top of everything and you have a recipe for the most socially incompetent person on the planet! xP