1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are we doing this?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by swissarmyknight, Jun 24, 2021.

1. swissarmyknight

swissarmyknight Fapstronaut

Congrats on your streak and finding those results!
    I'd suggest using less graphic terms to describe it, being as we're on a forum to conquer our triggers, but I sincerely congratulate you on your success thus far.

2. swissarmyknight

@BoraxKarloff @OrganizeInformed
    One of the definitions of "disease" is a "particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people," at least on Google's dictionary.
    Merriam-Webster's Dictionary says, "a harmful development (as in a social institution)."

I do agree that the term could be used to deflect blame, ie. "it's not my fault; I'm sick!"
    I only use it the way those definitions imply; a harmful habit/behavior that can affect the host and/or their environment.

3. swissarmyknight

I also found the way 12 step programs define it hard to grasp. It seemed very paradoxical to say that we are "powerless over lust" and yet insist that we turn our will to a higher power.
    What if that person doesn't know what is higher power is? Then it sounds like magic that you're somehow supposed to access.

4. swissarmyknight

Well said, friend!