1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why am i such a flake

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by sullenheart11, Mar 15, 2017.

1. sullenheart11

sullenheart11 Fapstronaut

Every time when I'm studying i quit, when things get a little tough i quit. I took a course to educate myself and it's been two months and I'm not progressing, actually i signed up since last year. I didn't finish school..so I wanted to at least 'get something'.

For 3 years I'm not working or studying..I don't have many experience outside I basically lock myself in a room then one day I finally decided to study this course and generally working on myself. And often I thought 'I get to study and it's free this is a chance for me to start over, there are people who don't even have the chance..'

My problem is: I don't have the discipline and I can't keep my promises,I always stop before I get to the 'finish line'.

2. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I write my own finish line in chalk, and then masturbate over it profusely.

sullenheart11 and Fap_Doc like this.
  3. You have to hate where you are in life to such an extent that studying provides a way out. At the moment you don't hate your current predicament to overcome the pain of consistent action/discipline.

sullenheart11 likes this.
  4. Self pity can only serve up more PMO episodes. For me self pity always leads to relapsing. Somehow you have to disrupt that self pity pattern otherwise you will be stuck in a rut for some time to come. You already took some steps to grow and study. Celebrate those small steps and keep going. Its the small steps in between that lead to big progress as you know. This process is long and hard and their is no short cut or some quantum leap where tomorrow we will all have great lives all of a sudden. We got ourselves into this mess and we must work hard to get out of it one day at a time.
    My suggestion would be to read this book by Theodore Bryant called Self Discipline in 10 days. Its only 150 pages long and it explains what holds us back from developing self discipline and has some practical suggestions on how to develop some self discipline in order to accomplish an endeavour. You can find a free PDF copy online if you search on Google.

I wish you all the best

sullenheart11 likes this.