1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do I talk to?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by TurretRepairTeam, Aug 27, 2014.

1. TurretRepairTeam

TurretRepairTeam Fapstronaut

May seem like an odd question, but I have a problem, something I'm not quite prepared to share on here, but there's another problem which is causing my first problem to get worse. That is; I'm bad at asking for help and I don't know who I should talk to about my first problem. I'm not willing to talk to my family about it nor my friends so who do I go to? I feel like if I don't talk to someone about it, I'll just isolate myself from everyone and lose my mind.

(I'm 17 years old and at school just to add some context.)

2. Phoenix-free

Phoenix-free Fapstronaut

You've got to find someone you're comfortable sharing with. It sounds like you realize that you need help with your first problem. That's a great step. There's no shame in needing help. EVERYONE needs help. Especially those who think they can do it all on their own. Talking with your parents about things can be a really good thing. I don't know them at all, but most parents really love their children. If you're struggling, they can't help if you don't let them. Chances are they don't even know what your first problem is. I wish now that I had had the courage to reach out for help when I was your age. Instead, my problem has isolated me from others, because I wanted to keep it a secret. That isolation only feeds on secrecy and leads to more problems and issues that you want to keep secret. You could get an AP on this site and talk to your AP about your problem to see what advice/help they might give. Feel free to message me if you want my take on it. I don't know what issues you want to discuss, but I'm pretty good at listening and offering suggestions. I'm 35 and live in the U.S. It's doubtful we'll ever meet.

Good luck, man.

3. TurretRepairTeam

TurretRepairTeam Fapstronaut

Thanks pizzaman, I might take you up on your offer if I still can't talk to someone about it.

4. Palmtop Tiger

Palmtop Tiger Fapstronaut

I'm not sure what your religious ideas are, but you could try talking to a minister or a religious group in your area. Obviously you would need to find someone you can confide in that you can trust.