1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to meet women besides Dating-Apps

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by PhilippB, Oct 27, 2023.

1. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello fellow brothers of the good fight,

lately I am wondering how I will find potential women to meet and maybe someday have a serious relationship with.

At work in my office there are some girls in my age, but all of them are taken.

In my karate class there are no girls my age.

And thats like all I am doing right now.

Besides that I don’t do many other things, I am also busy enough with work, karate and training at home.

On top of that I really don’t like clubbing so I don’t know if going to a club would be that great to meet potential partners for me?

I don’t want a relationship right now but I plan starting dating again next year after I have worked on myself more (therapy and on my own), so I wonder where and how I could find some girls to meet?

On the one hand I assume that somehow I have to get out of my comfort zone and get out into the world but on the other hand I assume that trying new things (like dancing classes, cooking , etc) merely for the purpose of meeting women is a bad idea?
    What do you think?

I will also start using dating apps again when the time has come next year but I think that there are better ways to meet girls for serious dating?

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice!

Have a greay weekend!

Vicit_fidem and silex_jedi like this.
  2. InvisibleControl

InvisibleControl Fapstronaut

They are everywhere. Get comfortable and start speaking to strangers.

3. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

You never know where and when you might meet that special women, but I like a social app called meetup.com. It's not a dating site, it's an app that allows you to find activities near you that are attended by other people that are also interested in that activity.
    Give it a try, it nothing else it gets you out of the house and interacting with other people.

Reborn16 likes this.
  4. GrittyRunning

GrittyRunning Fapstronaut

5. skybrowser

skybrowser Fapstronaut

In addition to above suggestions you can type your town/city with 'dating' or 'speed dating' into a search engine.

Reborn16 likes this.
  6. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hey, thank you. I know, but it‘s not that easy for me to cold approach women. But I guess I have to try some time.

7. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hey buddy,
    thanks for your advice!
    I will have to check if the app id available in Germany, too.

8. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello fellow brother, yeah I also thought of attending a dancing class. But if I am not enjoying dancing isn‘t it a bit subiptimal to get to know women there? I mesn just starting something for the reason od meeting girls seems a bit fake or am I wrong there?

9. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello brother, thanks for your advice. Yes I will check that option.

10. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Update for all:

Yesterday I started doing online dating again (Tinder and Bumble). Bit somehow the superficiality and the rocuw on looks is making me a bit sick. I mean I don‘t look that bad but somehow the dating apps make the women look like objects to me.

Reborn16 and Son_Of_GodSource like this.
  11. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Hope it is Germany, I can only vouch for the app in the USA. In the USA it's better in some areas than in others. The bigger the population of the city, the more meetups there will be.

12. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

I live in the US Midwest but am Dutch and some German by heritage, and I feel like the German culture is different from the US. I just get used to chatting with anyone at the checkout counter, even if I'm not interested in them. I make my character different from what it really is; I make it an outgoing character. I know it's embarrassing and can lead to bad results sometimes, but asking your coworkers like "how did you and SO start dating?" or whatever can yield results sometimes. I have an anxiety of looking bad in front of other people but I just purposely live in that in order to get results. Or asking people or coworkers what would make you more dateable. Ask someone who will tell you bad news. If no one has any bad news, tell them you're looking and want to try a new restaurant with someone, and for them to try to think of someone to send your way. It's difficult, it really is. There could be other apps besides Tinder and Bumble that focus more on personality.

13. I have been contemplating this for a while now. Went once with a female friend and it was fun.
    Just sucks when you do shift work and work evenings half the month

GrittyRunning likes this.

14. This may be a good sign. It means your brain hasn't been sensitized to this approach. It's not normal for our brains to be presented with so many options all at once, especially in the area of partner selection. Your neuronal pathways are still pure, unlike mine :emoji_laughing:

Do you like sports? Maybe join a recreational co-ed team?

15. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Problem is that I don‘t have female friends.
    Maybe one day, when I am brave enough, I will try dancing lessons

16. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

I am not sure about that man, I don‘t think that my brain is still pure. Bit it just seems a bit odd and too superficial.

I delted my accounts on tinder and bumble right now, I think I will focus on myself and my healing and will try to go out and live my live braveley, open and try new things.

I am sure one day I will meet my significant other then

thank you all for your answers!

Vicit_fidem and SilentWolfSong like this.