Where do you even meet girls?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by superstorm250, May 28, 2022.

1. superstorm250

superstorm250 Fapstronaut

I think that quitting PMO would be easier for me if I met someone, but the problem is that I don’t know where to look. I work a 2 month temporary job every summer and that’s literally the only time out of the entire year that I’m ever around girls, and there’s only a couple that work there. I’ve never used dating apps and I have considered signing up for some, but I’m also a member of the SoSuave forum (I don’t know if anyone here is familiar with that site, but it’s dedicated to helping guys attract girls) and they really talked down dating apps and were telling me that I probably won’t have any success on dating apps because my pictures will be boring since I really don’t have any friends and can’t upload any pics of me with friends. I just don’t know where I could even go to meet anyone, and I’ve also never been in a relationship or even dated at 29 so I’m also afraid that my inexperience is gonna turn off every girl I meet anyway.

JS44471 likes this.
  2. superstorm250

I completely agree, even a forum website that is dedicated to attracting girls couldn’t give me any good advice on where to meet girls. The workplace can be very tricky because you run the risk of being reported for sexual harassment in addition to what you said about them all being older or married. A girl I know went on PlentyofFish one time and after not even a week of being on there, she had at least 150 guys sending her messages, so you’re easily forgotten about by any girl on a dating app and you know that there’s several other guys she’s talking to, so you have to compete twice as hard to be successful that way unless they are low quality or desperate. And most girls really feel afraid or threatened when a random guy approaches them in a public place and tries to flirt with them, most will try to just get you away from them in that scenario.

Hopefully you have luck on LinkedIn, the internet really made the dating world a lot worse for guys, it gave girls a huge upper hand and so many more options than ever, but it had the opposite effect on guys and greatly reduced our opportunities to meet someone.

Dr. Howard likes this.
  3. Swift Escape

Swift Escape Fapstronaut

"Girls are like strawberries. Sometimes, they're at the grocery store." -Some guy I can't remember the name of.

Also libraries, allegedly.

4. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Just posted this on another thread…

(Go where women are doing the stuff they enjoy doing, and do that too.)

Do more fun stuff in your life, that you can have in common with, and share experiences with other women:

Running, yoga, sports, swing or ballroom dancing, playing musical instruments, singing, gardening, cooking, being a foodie, volunteering in non-profit organizations important to you, dog shelters, etc.

Up to you.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Howard likes this.
  5. The street man, the street

Tilopa likes this.
  6. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Fapstronaut

Exactly bro, I'm so glad I'm not alone in this struggle lol

superstorm250 likes this.
  7. You guys are blaming the world when it is your responsibility to take charge of your life and meet women.
    You see women every day when you leave your house. All that keeps you from talking to them are your stupid beliefs about harassment or whatever.

Take charge of your life. Work out, eat healthy, get over your fears. Develop human qualities that allow you to have relationships with the women you choose.

It's either that, or you suffer. It's been 4 years since I chose to take responsability for my life and I don't regret it at all.

i’ll post a video of me approaching a girl on the street soon here. I hope it will motivate some guys to change their lives.
    Blaming the world is the worst thing to do. You’re in denial. You can’t change if you think that way. It’s just a victim mentality. You’re better than that

8. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Fapstronaut

False. Women are the choosers, not men.

Again, false. I never see women my age where I live. I really have no clue where to meet women. Malls and coffee shops are filled with teenagers, grocery stores are filled with old ladies, work is filled with married people. I really don't remember the last time I saw a pretty girl in her twenties.

I do all of these things, yet I'm still single and a virgin.

You live in a really populated city with great weather, filled with tourists and women who are vacationing. 99% of us don't have access to that many women.

koolpal likes this.
  9. Because you don’t take responsibility. Personnally I choose the women I date
    again, take responsibility. Go abroad, go to another city. Or accept your situation. But don’t stay in the middle. Make a decision.
    you don’t talk to girls so you can’t find a girl. Simple as that. So, no, you’re not doing the best you can. You’re lying to yourself and blaming the world. Change isnt possible in this case
    Same here

koolpal likes this.
  10. When I was 20 I was in the exact same situation as you. Virgin, with no friends, no girlfriend. But I never told myself It was the world’s fault. I was the problem.

That’s the difference between someone who will never change because he’s constantly lying to himself and someone who will give his best to become a better person, and live his best life.

responsibility

11. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Interesting discussion going on here.

I’ve had the same issues looking for girls. I was reading some weird stuff from the author of “Assholes Finish First”.

He said something about looking up your city’s demographics to look for the women you wanna meet.

This is one of the sites I could remember:
    https://www.city-data.com/

Turns out the single women in their 20s aren’t even in my zip code.

My zip code is known for high crime rates, drug use, teenage pregnancies, divorces, low income, poverty, etc.

Anyway, the single women I was looking for were downtown working in the medical field as doctors, nurses, physical therapists, etc.

And no wonder, I’d occasionally meet these women through friends, but they’re always so busy and unavailable from working long hours and weekends, and then end up marrying doctors.

So, I was just thinking about the last couple women whom I almost married. And none of them are even born or raised in this country.

So even if you go by the statistics, you might match up with some who doesn’t fit the demographics, and isn’t even originally from around your area.

Hope that helps.

goodnice 2.0 and Dr. Howard like this.
  12. superstorm250

It kind of is the world’s fault when there’s really no effective way to meet a girl. Just because you see them every day doesn’t mean that you’ll have any success if you try to approach them, most women don’t want to be approached in public places and won’t be receptive to it, as I already said. I live in a densely populated area and it makes no difference when there’s no real way to meet anyone.

I already do those things, but it doesn’t mean that I’ll meet anyone, I’m probably gonna be forced to label myself as a ForeverAlone and be done with it if I don’t figure this out.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    Dr. Howard likes this.
  13. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Fapstronaut

Exactly. @Spirituss probably had to approach 500 women just to get 1 phone number lol. Almost every girl I asked about guys cold approaching them told me it's weird, creepy and needy. Oh and I've approached close to 100 girls myself, and I never got 1 date from all those approaches. I got a few numbers but they ghosted me when I tried texting them.

14. What do you base this on? Your practice or your frustration?
    Because for me it works, I have numbers every day and dates with different women every week. By approaching them on the street, on tinder or by going out to clubs and meeting people.

You have a victim behavior. You'll never change if you continue this way. You will end up needy and with a woman who doesn't even deserve you. That you didn't even choose.
    Not to mention your insecurities that will always be there because you'll never get over your fears. You'll never have the courage to confront your crappy beliefs.

You know what? A lot of guys are like you. You're just normal. You don't have the fire in you to change, or you wouldn't be saying this. You would admit that if you don't meet girls, you're the problem. Because lots of other guys meet women without any problems.

I'm not going to waste my time giving advice to guys who are stuck in their pride and their shitty ego and don't want to change. I've known for a long time that there's nothing to be done for those guys. They're screwed. They will never take responsibility for their lives.

They say they do, but in reality they spend their time lying to themselves. If you want results with women, you have to practice every day. Just like any other field.

But you'll never do it because you have too much ego. you don’t even want to meet a girl, you need girls, it’s different.

Mob Barley and Tilopa like this.
  15. superstorm250

Bro, I literally live in a big city with millions of people and there’s still no way to meet anyone. You didn’t deny the fact that it probably took you 500 attempts to get 1 phone number. Lime I was saying in an earlier reply, the internet has made it a lot easier for girls to meet a guy, but a lot harder for a guy to meet a girl. More than half the reason why I’m still alone is because I’ve had no opportunities to meet anyone this whole time.

Dr. Howard likes this.
  16. It took me 500 attempts to have sex not get 1 phone number. The first time I approached a girl on my life, I got her number.

And if I Didn’t have sex it’s because I just started approaching women and I had all my blocks and insecurities.
    Now I have multiple dates every week by approaching women on the street

you have the chance to live in a big city and you don’t Take advantage of it

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2022
  17. D_rax

D_rax Distinguished Fapstronaut

I just finished reading How To Not Die Alone by Logan Ury. Highly recommended.

Chapters 8 and 9 are basically treatises on answering the question you're asking (where to look to find potential relationships). Chapter 8 is about specifically finding potential matches online or through dating apps. Chapter 9 is about meeting new people in real life. I'm a big fan of the "Event Decision Matrix" she describes, and I'm starting to incorporate it into my life.

The book is probably available through your local library for free. Go give it a read!

goodnice 2.0 and Morior Invictus like this.
  18. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Fapstronaut

That's exactly what were saying, it took you 500 approaches to get 1 girl in bed. That's an insane amount of work and not worth it at all. Phone numbers don't get you a girlfriend, so I'm not impressed. I've gotten phone numbers too and they never led to anything.

19. Because you need girls. If you’re talking to a girl and she feels that you need something from her, it doesn’t work which is normal. Because when you start approaching women you’re desperate.

But in the long run you know yourself better. Personnally when I approach a girl and take her number, I have a very high chance of seeing her again. Because I got to know myself in the process.

most people like you give up after 100 approaches lol. They desperatly want their result to feel better about themselves. It’s a victim mentality.

if it doesn’t work, It’s your fault. You’re doing something wrong. Something repulsive in the eyes of women. That’s why I’m talking about responsibility. As long as you’re in denial and you think the world is against you, you’ll never be able to change and live your best life

20. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

Ok you and @superstorm250 are taking this way too seriously, which is part of the problem. If you're friendly and genuinely interested in someone else they will be receptive to some light conversation. Also you might just be depressed, and really unattractive either physically or in personality, so work on that if you can help it. Be real with yourself and other people. Meeting women and having sex with them are obviously 2 different things. Do not automatically expect to be given sex from women you find attractive. Go ahead and introduce yourself tho. It sounds like you have way to much of a fragile ego to try and enjoy the process. There will be ups and downs and there's no one size fits all answer on how to go about getting what you want. Spirituss is really trying to level with you here bro, you have to make an effort because most girls will not approach you even if they want you since it's generally not in there nature to do so.

I suggest you do some exposure therapy- online and for free. Check the social animal on youtube! He posts videos of himself and other guys approaching people, mostly women, in public. If those videos don't give you the energy to go out and start approaching nothing will.

Spirituss likes this.