When You're Worried

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. What do you do when you're worried about something?

I started to worry about something today and my first thought was to fap so I could forget my worries. I know such behaviour is unhealthy but what should I be doing instead?

2. Talk to God, it helps.

3. Talk to God, pray, maybe focus on death. Death is actually very helpful in reducing worries.

4. pavloo91

pavloo91 Fapstronaut

Ask yourself: "What will it matter in five years?". This way you distance yourself from things. It sometimes helps me control my bouts of anger. Maybe it will help you control your worry?

Plus meditation. I strongly advise meditation for a better awareness of what's going inside of you. It takes time to develop that awareness and I'm just lightly scratching on the surface, I think. But it's definitely worth it. Plus it helps you live in the here and now more.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. I shove my face with junk food or try to distract myself with video games and TV. Not recommending that though. Those are unhealthy habits that I am trying to stop. Lately I've been just meditating instead. Leaves me feeling real good and relaxed for quite a while after I'm done, not just distracted and sedated like TV and eating.

Deleted Account likes this.