1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When you masturbate you unconsciously accept you're not worthy of a woman

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by ultrafabber, Mar 11, 2019.

1. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

If you felt you were worthy of one, you would just wait until you got a real woman do to whatever you want done.

2. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

You're stepping over a line with the language. Even though i always welcome criticism, the delivery isn't kosher at all.

They say To make an omelet you have to break some eggs. It's impossible that all my posts are quality, some will inevitably not be. In this situation though i think you just missed the point, in that pmo addicts do not feel entitled to women, they feel entitled to pleasure. And to be able to keep that rationalization going, they also have to think that masturbation is natural and normal.

To drive the point forward, they feel entitled to feeling good whenever they want to, as it's not just about pleasure, but also about a very strong sense of physical and mental relaxation after.

The very act of masturbation really sends the message that we won't be getting any (or the stuff we want) so we have to provide for it ourselves. I am not saying "you aren't worthy". i am saying "You are thinking you aren't worthy"

3. Not true

4. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

You can't hurt my feelings, you're just lowering the quality of the discussion and you're being disrespectful. It doesn't mean I would stop replying because you're hurting my feelings, cause that's not happening, but it does mean that i will stop replying should you continue to use this patronizing tone with me.

No, most pmo addicts and most of (western population) thinks masturbation is a "normal and healthy" behavior if done in moderation. Most new psych and med books refer to it as normal (even if it's not). This site's creator, Alexander, thinks it's normal and healthy.

Of course people masturbate and hide because they subconsciously know it's an abnormal behavior, but very few will see though their subconscious. Most people who masturbate will consider it completely normal and many are concerned what "normal use" is - they want to keep masturbating as long as it doesn't affect them.

Dopamine is mostly about seeking behavior, regardless of what's being sought. While dopamine is certainly involved in any addiction (as it's closely connected to impulsive behavior), it's not dopamine per se being craved, dopamine provides the feeling of craving. What's being craved is pleasure and relaxation. But relaxation is way more powerful that most realize. Relaxation post masturbation is not just for an hour, it lasts longer, usually a day or so. You can see how many people report trouble sleeping after trying to quit masturbation. That is expected actually because there's nothing left as potent as masturbation to ease their anxiety.

You're focusing too much on "aren't worthy". That's just the title. As i explained after, being worthy also includes being able to ask a woman to meet your sexual needs, deserving to have your needs met, being worthy of her care and atttention and so on.

5. Heian

Heian Fapstronaut

I think you are on to something, BUT!
    Its not about being worthy, everyone has equal worth in Love.

Love and sexual release are connected but not the same.

Its more about positive reinforcement. Whenever you orgasm you are telling your brain that you did something good.
    Your brain remembers it and tells you to do it again strengthening the reinforcement.

Masturbation is self destructive since its like a reward you did not really deserve.

So thechnicaly you are not worthy to masturbate like you please.

If you masturbate after some hard training or some extra hard feat you might be worthy.
    Still not recomended if you want a stable relationship.

6. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

I'm not saying it's a good idea if many or most people believe it. But the fact is that most people think masturbation is "normal and healthy". Even you say you don't advocate for masturbation for anyone who has or had an addiction to it, therefore you think masturbation may or is good and healthy for someone who is not addicted.

The state of affairs is that masturbation IS considered normal and healthy by almost everyone in the western world at least. From regular people, to teachers, to scholars, to whatever. It doesn't mean that is is normal or healthy, cause it's not, it just means that you are wrong when you say that "most people who do masturbate think that it is both "unnatural" and "abnormal" ".