When the rain drops

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Steve Sancteria, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

So I´ve actually noticed for YEARS that somehow, my mood colapses and a feeling of fatigue comes when I see a grey sky and rain as far as my eyes can see and I just started to google right now if it´s always been a coincidence or not.

As it seems, for a small number of people, rain has that mood dropping effect.
    Since I live in germany, where weather is most of the time "grey" except some weeks during summer period, I really wanna figure out some strategies to get back the good mood while the earth seems grey.

Closing the curtain, so I don´t have to see what´s going on seems to help, listening to some fresh music as well and my daylight light bulbs seem to show their benefits once again.

Do you guys know that feeling or this situation, that you start feeling worse when you just notice that it´s rainy and grey outside?
    Do you have some strategies to get back the mood or some ideas what could help getting rid of the "rain blues"?

Flyhigh likes this.
  2. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

Yes, I suffered from this a lot a year ago. I live in Denmark, so same thing as Germany with the weather.

I would get depressed about how dark it gets in the winter.

There is a way out!

Right now your mind associates gray skies with depressed feelings. So you have to rewire yourself to connect gray skies with something positive instead. For example:

For me, the summer is the most boring, as my Volleyball team is closed. However, when it gets dark and cold I can play again.
    Furthermore, as the climate declines, it gets colder to go outside. Then I can, sit inside with my girlfriend and have warm tea and watch good movies and light some candles.

It's all about perspective. Your mind is going the way to show it. Show it another route :)

Steve Sancteria likes this.
  3. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

I am actually currently working a lot on the neuroscience of it.
    I give myself 10 minutes later on to think about the positive things of rainy weather :D but I also try out some summer wallpapers and let my screens on so I can see them :D