1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When others cause you to slip up

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by tsukuyomi16, Dec 2, 2023.

1. tsukuyomi16

tsukuyomi16 Fapstronaut

A guy at worked described something so overtly sexual today, far beyond a joke that you make with your buddies, it was so specific and dirty. I slipped up tonight and I feel like it is partly because of what he said (I listened and didn't leave the room so that's my fault but he was gross and perverted). It made me think of this bible verse:

Matthew 18:6 ASV

but whoso shall cause one of these little ones that believe on me to stumble, it is profitable for him that a great millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depth of the sea.

That's the burden men hold. We are so vulnerable to our environment. But we have to become strong to resit and be strong and not give into temptation. Woe to the guy that said that crap, honestly.

2. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Dude, I'm sorry, but you really need to take some responsibility here. Some guy is out of line and says something inappropriate and perverted, but you are the one who decided to stay and listen to what he was saying, (after realizing the nature of what he was saying.) You are the one who decided to make a choice, after hearing it, to go act out.

Also, in the verse you cited here, Jesus was talking about Christians misleading little children, not unsaved adults triggering Christians (or anyone else) to the point of relapse in an addiction.

1 Corinthians 10:13
    There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

I feel like this is like an alcoholic at work hearing his buddies talking about having gotten completely blitz drunk over the weekend, so the alcoholic goes home and gets drunk, but blames the guy at work. I think it would be a very good idea for you to look at this whole thing again and try to re-analyze what happened and where (and exactly why) you went wrong.

Just my two cents.

Shaune, Cyan Flame and SirQwerty like this.
  3. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

I agree. It's hard, but easier to solve the issue when one takes responsibility. Can't expect to win if you approach life as a victim.

“If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
    Matthew 18:8-9 NKJV

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    Cyan Flame and Joe1023 like this.
  4. I agree as well: take responsibility and stop blaming others. There isn't going to be any progress made by blaming others. Take control of these temptations..

Joe1023 and SirQwerty like this.