1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your gym experience.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by onix, Mar 13, 2019.

1. onix

onix Fapstronaut

When you started nofap and joined the gym what was it like for you.

Was it easy or difficult?

When did you notice a change?

Any advice would be appreciated.

IDabbleInPoetry likes this.
  2. MarkoSkoric

MarkoSkoric Fapstronaut

onix likes this.
  3. i lifted in high school so way before nofap, but its not to bad i would imagine, if it is your first time working out it can be stressful i know, dont be afraid to ask around for help, i have been lifting for years and i still ask for help sometimes. Also dont lift more than you can handle, lift with you body not your ego, and always use proper form.

HegHeu and CH3RRY like this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I went in three times. The third time the music got messed up and became a sudden dubstep, it was funny.

5. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

I feel better starting my days by going to the gym when I started NoFap. Gets me pumped up, focused, and ready for the day. It helps to drown out my negative thoughts.

Honestly I feel worse on my rest days, but I will find something proactive or educational to fill the void.

justafriend likes this.
  6. The more I train the more I realize that rippetoe was right all along.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

The gym was quite difficult for me when I started. I was 58kg and 1.83m in length at 16 years old. Twigs as legs and arms lol. Well I basically was a twig.
    I felt very uncomfortable around other people that have been going to the gym for a longer time.
    Started noticing a bigger difference after a year. Once I got past a certain point of muscle mass the growth became quicker and better, but that might also be due to the fact that I did not really know what I was doing my first year and didn't think about the importance of a good diet.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Newlife33

Newlife33 Fapstronaut

I went five days a week for 6 months straight when I first started. I was lucky tho in that I had a lot of friends who went with me and I made friends with all the attendants at the gym, so it made me feel like going their because it was welcoming. So I guess first off, finding a gym buddy or a welcoming gym would help.

Second, I went in knowing that my inner critic was going to be an asshole. Even if I just got to the gym and did one rep, I made sure I at least went. Having the victory of at least going to the gym really helped to chip away at the voice.

third, I wish I would have focused on technique much earlier. I was really not doing the best form and cheated a lot early on. It led to posture issues and poor muscle growth. This year I finally took the time to focus on form and I have seen great growth.