What's your favorite self-development book and why?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Retentionman, Mar 28, 2021.

1. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

Despite your self image being a figment of your imagination ?

2. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Sure. You obviously know nothing about it.

3. Bhagavath gita
    It has everything

4. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

About what ? The book or self image ? I admit I haven’t read the book… self image, I feel I know it all too well

5. PeSh0kAtA

PeSh0kAtA New Fapstronaut

If you read ,,Outwitting the Devil", your life will change! I'm sure in that!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  6. handbandit

handbandit Fapstronaut

The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi was the most insightful for me with understanding human nature.

7. SpartanWarriorForLife

SpartanWarriorForLife Fapstronaut

LoL i LoLed when i read "The Bible - By God".

8. SpartanWarriorForLife

Finally someone mentioned "The Power of Now"

9. SpartanWarriorForLife

i would love it if there is a book that actually gives practical actionable mesurable testable and applicable action steps on how to make money if someone is completly flat broke !!! i haven't yet found a single book that actually tells you in full details go do this exact thing in this way and do this and do that like this and the results will be that !!!! i don't think there is a book like that , because i don't even think that the authors of those books or the financial "Gurus" actually want the masses of people to actually be rich because then many people will compete with them in business and will start eating from thier pie ! so what do they do , how to pimp the sheaps ? oh just tell them to belive in themselves and you can do it and you're a star and you matter and you're worthy and you're the witnesing consuisneess and you're the divine universe and all that bullshit ! LoL , just to ease thier sufferring of being poor and miserable hahahaha ! so now there are many people who just sit in thier mom's basement and stare at a wall all day and call themselves spiritual and consider themeselves "Enlightened" (whatever that is) and they leave the money and power and possessions and success to the people who actually go out and get it ! it's a huge conspirisy gentlemen and we've been getting pimped by the system for so long ! they have to keep opressing the masses somehow ! they can't physichlly force us to stay contained in a confinement , so they use other muinpulitave ways to keep us dumped down , the're using a glamourous positive looking front to keep us contained , they tell you it's ok if your broke because you're rich inside ! LoL , they tell you it's ok because the universe has a plan for you to stay poor , that it's your destiny or pourpose to be poor and that you're meant to inspire people spiritually and open thier eye chackra and all that beutiful horseshit we love to belive to stop our tears ! hahahahaha i've had enough of this bullshit ! and even the "spiritual gurus" themselves are rich as fuck , and they preach that it's ok if your broke and that you're perfect the way you are drolling in your mom's basement and hiding from the world , while they take all the money to themselves while playing the spiritual charechter and people are kneeling down to them and following them like sheaps while the spiritual teachers are smoking cohebas cigars and drinking fine wine and eating 5 star dinners surrounded by beutiful women on a tropical beach vacation island !!! dose that sound spiritual to you ?! or are you getting pimped !!! it's basiclly just a fansy coping mechanisim that people use to not feel like shit about themselves !!! we did not make the system or choose to be born on the rockerfellar planetarium , byt it is what it is ! Money is the God of this physichall world and any one who denies that is a fucking idiot !!! LoL "no one takes this personally , just speaking my mind"

10. SpartanWarriorForLife

Money can literlly be the difference between Life or Death ! most of us who are middle class or even lower middlle class who have a rofe over our head and food for the day we just fill our brain abd time with this spiritual enlightenment bullshit just ro distract ourselves from and cope with our miserable lifes and also to feel superiour to others "non spiritual peasants" ! so you get good feelings from that ! go tell someone who has canser or any leathal disease and needs expensive surgury to survive , go tell him that money dosen't matter and it's all about focusing on the present moment !!! or tell somoene in a third world african country where the rebel millitias raid thier tents and butcher and slaughter men women and children with machetes and automatic machine guns and recruite young kids to work as slaves in extracting the diamond from the ground , not to mention the famine and havibg no clean water to drinl or food to eat , go tell those people that money is not important !!! or someone who is convicted of a serious crime and hiring a top notch lawyer or a team of lawyers can be the difderence between rotting in a jail cell and getting stabbed to death and rapped in the shower and being someone's bitch and being out of prison in regular life !!! or someone being held captive in a refuge camp or a consentration camp getting tourtured !!! or someone who ilives in a trashy nebourhood and at the risk of getti g shot or robbed or framed !!! open your eyes !!!!

11. trance_frog

trance_frog Fapstronaut

Huna aside, the actual book "The Power Of Now" by Eckhart Tolle is a must read in my opinion. Not saying its the easiest read. But it can be summarised down to stop thinking about the past, the future, enjoy the moment.

Although it sounds simple, we as humans do develop pain bodies which make this hard to do. But being present in the moment is an amazing experience.

SpartanWarriorForLife likes this.
  12. SpartanWarriorForLife

The present moment always sucks !!! i wan a lot of money !!! if it ain't about money money you ain't saying nothing !!! LoL

13. SpartanWarriorForLife

what's your pourpose ?

14. SpartanWarriorForLife

Sounds cool man ! i was confused at first when i read disperate i thought it was desperate ! LoL