1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most extreme case of hostility you've encountered on nofap/SR?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by new genie, Mar 23, 2022.

1. new genie

new genie Fapstronaut

I've seen many accounts from fellow nofappers who have described personal experiences both with social attraction and social hostility. I'm interested in hearing from others about some of the animosity or hostility that you might have encountered during a nofap or SR streak.

Asking this because the worst example happened to me last week.
    I was outside near an intersection and sat on a bench to rest my legs a bit. Some guy in a truck pulls up to a red light, looks out the window and sees me only to spit directly at me. He was on the other side of the road so it was too far to ever reach me but he kept looking at me with a really intense expression on his face. I just ignored it and turned my head to look somewhere else. About 20 seconds go by and and I turn my head back only to notice that he still has his face out of the window of his truck and just stares at me like he wants to kill me. Eventually the light turns green, he sticks his arm out and gives me the finger and drives away. Really weird experience. Never seen this guy before, we never even said a word to each other.

Wondering what other peoples experiences are on nofap and how you've gotten on with bouts of hostility and animosity from other men. Also wondering if people here find that any type of racial animosity gets amplified at all when they're on a deep nofap streak.

2. IrishMan77

IrishMan77 Fapstronaut

Hi, it seems you experienced a shocking and uncomfortable situation. So, you would be legitimately looking for an explanation.

In my opinion, what happened to you is unrelated to nofap. Thinking otherwise would be involving the confirmation biais.

People have their own issues. Sometimes you are at the receiving end of it.

becomingreat and new genie like this.
  3. new genie

new genie Fapstronaut

I hear what you're saying, for sure. But these things, both the attraction and the hostility, never really happened to me in these kinds of extremes before going on nofap. On the same day that I saw that truck guy I also had an experience where some random good looking girl on the street came up to me and asked if I wanted to do a dance battle with her lol. Shit like this never seemed to happen to me before nofap, for better or worse I was basically just universally ignored.

4. innermanchild

innermanchild Fapstronaut

To my mind, any changes in interpersonal experience would be a result of our own behavioral changes that people respond to. Or possibly an increased social awareness.

Someone else may be able to provide a mystical explanation, but I would be interested to know the mechanism of action.

5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Random moron. o_O Don't overthink it man.

GotCaught likes this.