1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What skills are you learning?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 20, 2017.

1. 1 month ago, I started learning to play guitar on my own using an app on my iPad called 'Yousician'. So far I can play major and minor chords and 5ths with ease. I've also started learning a new language using the app Duolingo. I mean, these are just apps for an iPhone or iPad, yet I'm learning pretty useful skills from them. For at least an hour every day now, I practice guitar now, and I make sure I practice learning a language every day, too (this varies in time for me usually). It's only small, yet in this little amount of time that use to use to PMO, I'm learning useful life skills.

My question to you guys is what are you learning? Has NoFap inspired you to learn any new skills?

2. Jennifer Osorio

Jennifer Osorio Fapstronaut

Hi, I am learning how to be mimicry artist.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I have been giving some time into improving my cooking skills!

Hitto and Deleted Account like this.
  4. TruChange

TruChange Fapstronaut

Touch Typing.

I'm using a program called 'Key Blaze' and practicing on Type Racer. I do this for about 30 minutes every night. My personal best so far is 65 wpm. My goal is 100 wpm!

I'm also training in Brazilian Ju Jitsu 3/4 nights per week.

5. jes2888

jes2888 New Fapstronaut

Hi,Just checked out this Duolingo app you mentioned. I'm hoping to learn as much Italian as I can before I go to visit my sister in Italy in a few months, and this has gotten me started on it. Also interested in learning Norwegian.
    Other skills that I would love to learn.. writing a song and actually finishing it, archery, and try my hand at writing poems/short stories/whatever.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Duolingo is a great! Norwegian is what I'm learning. The course is long but detailed, and the way it teaches is brilliant, and it gives you exercises to ensure that what you've learned sticks. You can access it from your web browser too, although the functionality is a bit limited compared to the app.

7. Fabster007

Fabster007 Fapstronaut

Started to wake up early by 7 am as promised , lucky to look tall rejuvenated and having made my dream self talk within - feeling really high with dance on feat and confidence in eyes... eating habits seriously regulated i M the Minimalist - enjoying being in my company - most entertaining and enjoyable person i wished i would become and here it is that i have become- about to finish the awesome book- AGELESS BODY TIMELESS MIND in planned time - getting call letters and invitations for dream life destination and job i always dreamt

8. Brando_

Brando_ Fapstronaut

@UncertainJourney I'm totally with you! A huge part of why I want to live the NoFap lifestyle is so that I can channel all that wasted time and energy into learning actual useful skills. I use DuoLingo almost every day, and it's great! They just came out with a podcast where you can listen to simple stories in different languages (it might just be for Spanish so far, though). I also use the Memrise app to help with vocab. You can use Memrise to learn a lot more than languages though - I memorized all the countries of the world with it for example.

And that's awesome that you're learning the guitar on your own. I also have a guitar that I'd really like to learn, and I gave Yousician a try. How do you like it so far? I stopped using Yousician because I was getting impatient, but maybe I should give it another shot. I've been considering just biting the bullet to pay some money to get real guitar lessons too.

There are a lot of skills I'm interested in developing, and I'm hopeful that clearing and rebooting my mind with NoFap will help me pursue them better. Gardening, writing (poetry, short stories), ukulele, and cooking are just a few I've started tapping into.