1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What reward idea seems good?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by cccc, Mar 22, 2023.

1. cccc

cccc Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm on my progress towards 90 day goal PMO.
    But it seems that it's a bit far away in the future. I would like to give myself some mini rewards along the way, lets say in every 10 day streak, I'm giving myself a reward.
    Can you suggest what?
    Or May I ask what rewards did you give to yourself for achieving your goal that you found useful in your own circumstance? Thanks.

SilentWolfSong likes this.
  2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Great idea. I think 'positive' incentives are better at motivating than negative ones.

I would try and keep 'rewards' healthy, edifying and personal. What do you like to do? Is an afternoon spent walking in nature with your phone left at home a treat to you, or would time spent with friends be a stronger motivator? Etc, etc.

For me, 'rewards' I have used in the past for various reasons include:

Buy some quality ingredients and cook some delicious food for myself (and/or my family). I like healthy food and a few hours in the kitchen is my idea of a good time :)

Meet up with a friend to play badminton, tennis or golf. or go for a hike together. It's a workout, but fun!

Swim in the sea.

freedom is coming likes this.
  3. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Taco truck sounds good. And bourbon.

Bleecker211 likes this.
  4. cccc

cccc Fapstronaut

Thank you for your responses.

5. Bleecker211

Bleecker211 Fapstronaut

I think it should be something simple and rewarding - ordering a pizza from your favorite spot or buying yourself a really good beer. It doesn't need to be healthy and it shouldn't fall into this constant self-improvement mindset. It just needs to feel good for you. You don't do this every day - you are doing this because it's a special occasion and you have given yourself the permission to enjoy it.
    Cooking a meal for your family or playing sports with your friend are good on their own, but in my opinion they are not really rewards. These are everyday pleasures that you should find time for anyway.

6. cccc

cccc Fapstronaut

Thanks for the response. I’ll take note of that.