1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the Truth of a relationship ??

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by lexileone, Dec 6, 2017.

1. lexileone

lexileone Fapstronaut

As being a lonely person i want to know, what really is a relationship all about - is it full of sex, and physical interactions like we see in movies and tv or it is something different or no sex at all !!

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Spoony

Spoony Fapstronaut

For me a relationship is all about the feelings. Someone who can make me smile just by sending a message. Or i can think about or get excited about any date night plans for the evening. From the coldest day goes forgotten about when your holding hands or arms linked. That for me is a relationship. I also dont have sex in a relationship, i make love :D

Mankrik likes this.
  3. A relationship isn't about you, it's about the other person - not what you can get but what you can give (regardless of how you feel about it or how they feel about you). Surprisingly, the more you give the more you get and so when you care for the other you are really caring for yourself too. Took me a long time to figure that one out.

Screenname and Mankrik like this.
  4. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Never been in a relationship but the other comments here are very wise and give the approach I plan on taking when I find the right person. It's not just about sex but nonsexual love and attraction/companionship. You have to think about them and what will make them happy and you have to enjoy spending time with them outside of the bedroom. A relationship built only on sex and physical attraction will likely not last or not be as gratifying.

5. Luis Rz

Luis Rz Fapstronaut

I have asked that same question many times and you know, with the passage of time I have learned that a relationship, specifically a lovely relationship with someone else, is the most beautiful thing that can exist in this world. Finding someone to love and most importantly, that person also loves you, that feeling of giving everything for a person, of not worrying about yourself and your needs and starting to see someone else, is wonderful, Believe me, and it's not just about sex or someone's physicality, when you fall in love with a person you actually do it fully and you put aside all that disturbing, and you begin to see the world differently. When you fall in love with someone, you begin to see everything in a different way and each moment you spend with her becomes the most special and unforgettable that ever existed. I have more things to say about it but I do not want to bore you, greetings

6. lexileone

lexileone Fapstronaut

i started to feel lonely as i hit 21, now whenever i go for a nofap i started getting cravings for a real individual(a real woman) to have some tease, so i started thinking that will it be possible to get sex easily in relationship as i'm trying to get into a relationship and not expecting anything from it as will be my first one there will be many things that i need to learn but a sexual relationship is enough for me.........

7. JamesFord

JamesFord Fapstronaut

Hard question, relationships are very different from one to other.

But yea, sex is present a lot(in my case lol), though many other aspects apear in a relation. Like common plans, ideas, deeds, friends and in general a feeling of not being lonely. This have a huge impact on personality. I would say you become more mature mentaly.