1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What if relapse reports are seen as bug reports? System failure rather than personal failure?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Awedouble, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

... and if so, it's time to improve the system.

Of course, to begin with we might want to have a clearly defined system and not so wishy washy. And also, it doesn't have to get to the point of relapse. It is entirely possible that someone was tempted but was able to not give in, and maybe in that moment they did something different which they learned from.

We might even be able to find some kind of formula. I suspect for me, if I keep my mind fairly engaged, like say for every couple of weeks I read a good book, so like say 10 hours, along with some sprinkling of forum participation that could actually go on perpetually. I bet it could be different types of books too, like anything along the lines of working on yourself or your mind. And of course it's not like I am just reading stuff just for Nofap, the information in the books are going to be interesting and worth reading even not rebooting.

Maybe that doesn't work for everyone, but the point is to start trying to measure and figure out what does or even just could work for you - and make it sustainable.

2. I like that it's inkeeping with the nofap gaming metaphor

As for avoiding the frame of personal failiure, I have just one doubt - have you seen how people treat their computer tho? :-D

Awedouble likes this.