What do I do?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by becomingreat, Jan 1, 2023.

1. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

Now this thread is not related to sr but id have liked to get insights from you sr people.

Im chronically anxious for years. Used to be on medication years ago but stopped gradually as they didnt do anything much.

Forward to the last couple of nights that Ive experiencing insomnia that made me feel like zombie. Finally last night I decided to pop klonopin. I woke up in morning very satisfied like never before in years.

The problem with benzos is that they slow brain gradually and cause problems.

I dont like to be on anxiety medication if its not absolutely necessary(poor sleep seem to be due to anxiety)

My psychiatrist prescribed a anti anxiety and depression pill, I took it for two months and stopped because it didnt work.

Im on sr for 4 months now and this doesnt seem to help with mood either, im just crappy most times. People usually claim that nofap and sr helps with stability, calmness and pleasant emotions, well thats not the case for me.

What do I do?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  2. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Try the Wim Hof Method breathing exercises just before going to bed. For anxiety SR alone won’t cut it. We have to work on meditation and then observing our mind all day long.

becomingreat likes this.
  3. I think therapy, meditation and exercise. Meditations the big one

Icewarrior and becomingreat like this.
  4. Bromance

Bromance Fapstronaut

Apart from things already mentioned here I can really recommend cold showers. initially I started doing these before my nofap journey, instead of as a way to get longer streaks and what I found is that they helped me massively with my insomnia and calmed down my thought processes and emotions. You can start out slow by gradually lowering the temperature if you'd like.

Also, when combined with meditation and exercise this should have even more of a positive effect for you.

Good luck, and may your journey be full of many blessings.

Badr77, Icewarrior and becomingreat like this.