1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your views on eugenics (human breeding)?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 29, 2017.

Do you support eugenics?

1. I do support only positive eugenics

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. I do support only negative eugenics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I do support eugenics in general.

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. I do not support eugenics (please reply to thread and say why)

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  5. I don't care.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (please reply to thread and tell us what you think)

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

I never said that eugenics was bad because it led to bad behavior by certain governments. I really don't know where you are getting these ideas, your last couple posts to me have not made sense.

2. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

Down syndrome is not genetic.

3. I was responding to this:
    what did you mean by it?

4. Its caused by an extra chromosome, and chromosomes are

"a threadlike structure of nucleic acids and protein found in the nucleus of most living cells, carrying genetic information in the form of genes."

5. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

It's NOT genetic you moron. Genetic diseases are passed on from generation to the next via chromosomes. Down syndrome is CONGENITAL. Stop copy pasting shit you know nothing about.

6. "Down syndrome (DS or DNS), also known as trisomy 21, is a (((genetic disorder))) caused by the presence of all or part of a third copy of chromosome 21. It is typically associated with physical growth delays, characteristic facial features and mild to moderate intellectual disability."

Calling someone a moron doesn't make your statement true, study the subject first and then try and be civil about it.

You seem to sort of ignore that all birth defects are genetic disorders, think of genes as the code for everything that you are, if there's an error in the code then there's a defect by default.

Down syndrome is not a virus, it's not bacteria, it's not poison or any other outer influence, it's simply a genetic disorder and if we map the genome and manipulate it in the future we can eliminate it all together.

Have a good day

7. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

LOL, quoting wikipedia. Dazzling!
    You need to educate yourself.
    In medicine, we make the difference between genetic and congenital. Genetic = hereditary. Congenital = present from birth. Down Syndrome is not hereditary.
    Seriously, stop copy pasting like a fool.

8. Again, the name calling doesn't make you look smarter, only makes you look like an asshole.

The way you say things implies that a baby is completely healthy and once its out of the vagina it gets down syndrome, as if there's no genetic problems going on before birth. Fetuses can be studied to detect down syndrome way before birth.

Just because we don't have a cure for it now it doesn't mean that the search for it is not in the genes, if you have a heart problem you need to go to a cardiologist. If you have a genetic defect then maybe your cure lies within the genes themselves.

Maybe those already born with down syndrome can't be cured but those who are not yet born can possibly be guaranteed not to develop this genetic disorder through gene therapy.

I'm already tired of trying to convince you, I merely quoted a wikipedia definition to make my point. I'm sorry my answer is not to the height of your fucking PHD.

Done with you, moving on.

ivanhoe and WalkingForward like this.
  9. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

I can name a 100 diseases that are encoded in the genome, but are not "genetic". You clearly have a poor understanding of this topic so why don't you set your ego aside and admit you're an idiot? Name calling? Well you called me an asshole so at least I don't pretend to be a saint.
    I don't have time to educate you about genetics, meiosis and nondisjunction. You can go read your internet and keep fooling yourself that you're something you're not.

10. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

Abortion is already a form of eugenics when you consider that most women getting abortions shouldn't be reproducing anyway.

Some people would like to use eugenics to create a high IQ society. The problem with that is you'll always need lower IQ people to sweep the floors and do manual labor.