1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What’s the best way to find honest reviews on products?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mistersofty, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I’ve been considering a new mattress and I’m pulling my hair out trying to find trustworthy reviews! It seems that everywhere I look is full of sneaky advertising. It’s getting really annoying to say the least. Can someone please point me in the right direction!! I know consumer reports is good, but you have to pay for it.

2. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Just typ in google ""matrax x reviews'', and voila? If there are none reviews, it is probably a new mattress who only a few have tested. In that case, take the risk or buy one other mattress.

Deleted Account and Mistersofty like this.
  3. SOLDIER MAN

SOLDIER MAN Fapstronaut

I think the best way is to always look at the NEGATIVE reviews. These are the ones which matter the most and they will tell you why this product is bad. If a product has zero negative reviews, that is a bad sign and a red light. Likewise, if a product has a 4.8 rating with 10,000+ reviews, it means that almost 96% of the people who bought it are satisfied, which is a good sign. A good product would have a 4.5-4.9 rating with some negative reviews that highlight non-major problems that are usually due to long shipping times, customer service problems etc.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Going into groups and online communities is the best way...

Example: I wanna try to get some climbing equipment, so I join a reddit, Facebook group etc and ask people there. The responses usually are honest and trustworthy.

I don't know how applicable this will be in your case.

5. Keep the old one. Bam, problem solved.

MadJackMcMad likes this.
  6. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I went on Reddit and it seemed like some of the people in there were advertising. They even got called out by other users.

7. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Thanks, yeah I do look for negative reviews when researching products and I’m getting good at spotting fake reviews. You’re right though, too many reviews praising the products can seem fishy. I generally think that someone is more likely to write a review when they are dissatisfied, and I can’t help but to wonder if those get removed.

8. Helpful

9. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I agree, and the negative reviews are specific to what the consumer didn’t like about the products. Also, I’m usually skeptical of the over informative positive reviews or the ones where they say “I bought this for my husband and it worked so good that I ordered another for myself “. Or something along those lines.

Deleted Account likes this.