1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Weightlifting "Commando"?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Rev2.0, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

In combination with NoFap I have been wearing looser fitting pants / shorts without underwear whenever possible and it seems my "equipment" is really responding to the freedom in terms of size and erection quality.

My weightlifting environments are such I am by myself 95% of the time and so on upper body workout days I have taken to wearing loose fitting full length workout pants with no "support". So far so good but I'm wondering if any experienced lifters see harm in that?

This does NOT apply on squat, deadlift or overhead press days when I am fully "locked in" with compression shorts to support my gear and thighs.

Thoughts?

2. I always do leg days in soccer shorts, no special underwear/squat suits or anything.

If your core is strong, it's STRONG. And a couple bits of fabric isn't gonna save you from the bane of a weak midsection, if that's the case.

(P.S. Core isn't simply just about your abs.)

CodySCali likes this.
  3. CodySCali

CodySCali Fapstronaut

Usually at the gym, I would never consider going commando, but with the gyms all closed in my area, I have also just been going commando. Doesn't really seem to matter but then again not lifting, just using strength bands and core workouts. :cool::emoji_muscle:

4. Damaged_Stoic

Damaged_Stoic Fapstronaut

I think with isolation movements it doesn't matter. I used to run track and XC commando and always got shit on, but I enjoyed the freedom, however, in retrospect I would use compression shorts just for the injury prevention and increased mobility.

Leg workouts I always have some type of compression short on my because of how many muscles are involved.

I'm doing NSUNs rn and the days I focus on bench, I'm usually just wearing my PJ pants since I'm not doing any leg movements.

5. Inspired2chg

Inspired2chg Fapstronaut

I’m learning that as I work out more.