1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming lunar missions

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Semtex, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

NASA is going back to the Moon! The program is called Artemis (Apollo's sister) and it already had one crewless flight in November 2022. Artemis 2 is supposed to send astronauts to the lunar orbit in 2025, Artemis 3 is to land a crew on the Moon in 2026 and Artemis 4 to place inhabitants in a lunar orbital station called Gateway that is allegedly being built as we speak.

Syphax and Don80 like this.
  2. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

3. Ghost️

Ghost️ Fapstronaut

4. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

IMG_20240413_162742.jpg

Ghost️ likes this.
  5. Ghost️

Ghost️ Fapstronaut

That makes me like Alec even more! My favorite role of his is in The Prisoner. I don’t remember the entire line but it was something to the effect that the most dangerous people on earth are the ones who think they can have heaven on earth.

Semtex likes this.
  6. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Guinness was a famously grumpy, classicist old man who thought his Star Wars role was beneath him. In a sense I agree with him. I think some people take Star Wars fandom too far. On the other hand, it has become something special to a lot of people, and it’s not kind or wise to ignore that and piss all over it.

It’s cool we’re going to the moon again. It’s crazy to me how we accomplished it back in the 60’s, and haven’t since and how we’re having to re-do some of the work because we forgot how.

7. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

I understand that not every piece of information gets documented and instead lives only in minds of few key people but still, given the breakneck technological progress of the past 50 years you'd expect today's space engineers to do better than their predecessors.

There was a lunar lander mission called IM-1 just a few weeks ago, apparently the first commercial lander, that was declared a success despite that it tipped over a moon rock, landed on its side and without any means of getting up, remained in that position, being able to send back much less data than intended as a result. That didn't happen to the 1960s Surveyor landers! Embarrassing.

Ghost️ and Meshuga like this.