1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Turning 30, ready to change

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Fighter_mode, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Fighter_mode

Fighter_mode Fapstronaut

Hey there,

Been around here since last fall, kinda just lurking and too nervous to jump in. But, hitting 30 soon and man, it’s hitting me hard. Got this PMO thing that’s been a real struggle, going back and realizing I’ve been living with it for more than half my life; (prob 18 yrs already?) and I’m feeling like I missed out on a lot, and has affected a lot my life, relationships, goals… you know? Kinda like I'm lost and let myself down.

So, here I am, deciding it’s time to get serious. I’m really open to rules and guidance. If you've got any ideas or tips that worked for you, I’m all ears. I think that’s what I need right now.

Also, totally open to chatting, joining groups, or any book ideas you think might help. I'm Catholic, haven’t really been into it much these past 5-8 years, but maybe that’s part of what’s missing? Just thinking out loud here.

Basically, I’m ready to change things up, can’t keep wasting time. Any help or advice you can throw my way, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch,

2. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

Hello there @Fighter_mode

It's good to have you here. I believe you have come to the right place!

It's a brave step coming here and trying to beat this addiction now that you're closing in on 30 yo.
    Sure, PMO will affect ones life, for the worse. But, it's never too late to reboot. It's hard, but it's possible.

Here's some things that work for me (that may work for you) during a reboot:

1. Check in to these forums every day

2. Welcoming newcomers (like I do now)

3. Prayer 2-3 times per day (minimum 2 times). I am Christian and into Catholicism (not officially, but I'm reading Christian classic works these days, and feel that helps)

4. Exercising every day, except Sundays

5. Always work towards clear goals that I set for myself (e.g. finding another job etc) Keeping myself busy, never sitting idle

6. Keeping in touch through Private messages with other people here in the forums. This is a great way to connect and to share thoughts that I normally wouldn't in the public forums. You may write me if you want, I'll gladly reply :)

All the best wishes
    ~Simorgh