1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying this because I obviously can't do it alone

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by 2RiseAbove, Oct 5, 2017.

1. 2RiseAbove

2RiseAbove Fapstronaut

Hi, new to this site. I read about it from some article online about abstaining from PMO. I discovered PMO in middle school on my own without realizing the consequences down the road before it was too late. I've tried quitting for years now and I never make it very far. I hate PMO and hate that I can't break away from it. The longest I went without was 2 or 3 weeks this spring and even though I look back at those weeks and feel really good about myself and feel like I was already in a new mindset and living a different life and my views on things were dramatically changing, I fell back into my old way. First few times were spread out and was a huge struggle but eventually I went back to whenever the thought crosses my mind.

I'm catholic so this is a huge spiritual thing for me as well. I'd love to have some friends who are in the same boat as me and could help me on our journey together.

2. grantham99

grantham99 Fapstronaut

Hi 2RiseAbove, I'm just starting out my journey as well. I grew up Catholic (though I don't identify as one now), so I understand what it's like to struggle with your behaviours and reconcile it with your beliefs. Congratulations on seeking help, it's the most important step of all. Good luck.

3. 2RiseAbove

2RiseAbove Fapstronaut

Thank you and best of luck to you as well