1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trading ( fx , stocks , ...) & Nofap

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by maseh0012, Nov 29, 2019.

1. DesertExplorer

DesertExplorer Fapstronaut

Sounds like an ad. The "report" button is tempting me like a lustful thought right now.

2. DesertExplorer

DesertExplorer Fapstronaut

Ha! Very true.

3. scroowas

scroowas Fapstronaut

You bring up a valid point about the passiveness that can come with swing trading, @absoluteminded. It's crucial to find a balance and keep yourself engaged in other activities to avoid overtrading. I've had similar experiences in the past, where I felt the urge to be constantly in a trade.
    It's interesting to hear your approach to swing trading, monitoring multiple accounts and sticking to your plan. It's a wise strategy to hold positions and remain disciplined.
    By the way, if you're looking to optimize your trading strategies or explore new resources, you might want to check out Apex Trader Funding Coupon Code. It could offer valuable insights and tools for traders like us.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
    absoluteminded likes this.
  4. Yes I Can Man

Yes I Can Man Fapstronaut

S&P 500 has returned over 10% since 1957.

5. 10% gain a day in crypto. Put your money there. If you have any.

6. Yes I Can Man

Yes I Can Man Fapstronaut

I actually invest about $45k a year into S&P 500 and I have been an investor since 2007 and on a pace to financially retire in my mid 50’s. Crypto is too volatile and have lot of uncertainty.

7. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I trade Bitcoin and Ethereum. I've had huge wins (I once profited $18,000 in a single day), and I've had absolutely brutal losses (I lost 5 full Bitcoins and *40* Ethereum in the crash of May 2021. I lost a potentially life-changing amount of wealth because of a very foolish mistake--a lesson I'd failed to learn, despite several previous opportunities).

I think the crossover between NoFap and trading is actually pretty fascinating.

I think others have said this, but it's worth repeating here: trading is 80% about understanding your own psychology and mindset, and only 20% about understanding indicators and how to read a candlestick chart. Trading forces you to face your own beliefs and your own biases about fear, greed, abundance, and scarcity. It's one of the best exercises in self-knowledge that you'll ever undertake.

Similarly, NoFap tends to require a pretty deep dive into one's own character flaws. For instance, if we have a subconscious attitude of entitlement, we'll have to address that--otherwise we'll spend our lives fapping becasue we feel entitled to empty pleasure.

Trading and NoFap also both involve an absolute requirement to learn from our mistakes. If we don't treat every single losing trade or every relapse as a chance to learn something and improve, then we will never stop losing or relapsing. Both endeavors require a mindset laser-focused on progress and improvement.

absoluteminded likes this.
  8. 2 years in options here. Haven't reached breakeven. Since options cannot be traded swing, with the small account, I had to switch my style to intraday and scalp even.

Indicators, psychology, emotional control, these aren't my issue. My no 1 obstacle has been not able to succeed in nofap.

I tend to relapse every 2 weeks or so. I can't imagine someone sitting on a chair all day with their body revolting against a job that requires neutered testosterone.

Life's been tough