1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

To new beginnings.....

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by AgentLion007, Jan 1, 2024.

1. AgentLion007

AgentLion007 New Fapstronaut

Hi, my name is Adam. I am very frustrated, annoyed, and nervous about joining. But I know it is very much needed. I have finally accepted that I need this help. I have been masturbating since I found out what it was around the age of 15. I am 38 now.

I have become a chronic masturbator for the last 3-4 years at least. Doing it countless times a day. I have even developed strains and what I believe has created even a larger acute condition chain reaction in my privates because of my actions.

But worse than all of that I feel l turned to masturbation as a way of comfort in life. and I now accept and see it for what it is. I realize I need to be more accountable and conscious of my life and take charge again. I hope to gain that while here and look forward to making it happen one day at a time.

2. geminibro

geminibro Fapstronaut

Hey Adam, nice to have you! I am also somewhat new with this journey when it comes to joining a forum. No worries you're not alone and trying something new with the intention of betterment is already a great start! Good luck in your journey and be kind to yourself since everyone everywhere has a problem they're dealing with : )

AgentLion007 likes this.
  3. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Welcome to the community! You are certainly not alone. Many of us come here broken and battered...seeking a new way of life. The good news is, there is hope!

I would recommend poking around the community and getting familiar with the different forums. I would also recommend starting a daily journal (I update two times a day minimum) in the 'Reboot Logs' section. This is a great way to hold yourself accountable while sharing your successes and struggles. It's a great start and something that will ultimately help. I would also recommend finding some like-minded members and start some chats via Direct Message. This is also a fantastic way to hold yourself accountable while discussing things you may not want to discuss in the open forums. Lastly, healthy eating, exercise, and sleep can definitely enhance ones recovery.

Again, welcome to the community! We are here to support!

AgentLion007 and Fighter_mode like this.
  4. Rikaisoo

Rikaisoo New Fapstronaut

We're all here the same, coming for the same reason, to heal ourselves from whatever we had , we're in this together let's do it!

AgentLion007 and Fighter_mode like this.
  5. Fighter_mode

Fighter_mode Fapstronaut

Congrats on starting this journey. I’m also new, similar story, looking also to be more accountable.

GeorgeJetson and Rikaisoo like this.