1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips to stop fall in love?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LifeIsAmazing, Apr 4, 2019.

1. LifeIsAmazing

LifeIsAmazing Fapstronaut

Hi there!
    I have a strange "addiction", my brain needs to fall in love to someone all the time. I have maladaptive daydreaming and I think all the time about my "crush", when I just could dream about school or business ideas. The problem is that I can't stop fall in love, I can't control my feelings and that's why I call it a addiction.

Do someone other has this type of "problem"?

2. Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario Fapstronaut

Everyone has trouble controlling their thoughts, in one direction or another. It's one of the most basic components of self-control. The trick isn't to tell yourself "stop thinking about X". Instead, you have to notice when you start daydreaming/dwelling/obsessing on whatever it is, and then you have to start thinking about something else. And if that fails, physically DO something else, something physically demanding. There's a reason so many fapstronauts turn to weights when they're tempted to backslide!

An example that I'm still bad at, but helps: Whenever I'm tempted, I'm trying to get myself to think of the Proverbs chapter 7 Bible verses that I'm memorizing. Thinking about how the house of the seductress goes into the grave is a pretty good boner-killer!

TheHealer and LifeIsAmazing like this.
  3. selfimprovement8008

selfimprovement8008 Fapstronaut

love is hormonal till you get to know the person and they get to know you and you value each other, now values can be superficial right (ex. looks, money, muscles,) or true values(ex. honesty, confidence,wisdom etc)
    so to not fall in love with your crush- dont put her on a pedestal the second you meet her( I am guilty of not being able to do this myself)
    so to address your inner issue about relentless desire to feel love
    I think you have to realize its natural to feel like you want to be loved all humans do
    inside our minds we know that love is too much of a dream to be true especially nowadays for number of reasons and that's why hence we fantasize with the (what if's)
    essentially the solution to this is snapping back to reality as @Dr. Mario has suggested to "divert your attention to another task" or in my opinion is to make yourself realize
    that a relationship or love is attained through a process and is not instant as we are programmed to believe in the love at first sight, realize love is not instant and victory will be yours
    ( Myself i think about a girl i had a major crush on but she moved to another city and graduated from college and is making bank. Now knowingly I am here, not as smart,not making bank, thinking about quitting school, I know love with her is unattainable because of society values, my own esteem etc. and thus i get random thoughts or fantasies about her because I put her on a pedestal even though i knew a little about her that i liked about her, the only way I got rid of her thoughts or severly lessened the frequency of those thoughts was by deleting her from fb and instagram and realizing that i had to focus my attention elsewhere. also as most people say time heals people.)

LifeIsAmazing likes this.