1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for combating PE

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Haggis, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

Possible trigger warnings in this post, as I'm discussing specific sexual things.

So I came to NoFap with PIED initially. After six months with no PMO, no edging, no peeking, no nothing, I've developed PE. I've had a fair amount of trouble with ED over the past six months as well, but the PE really only started happening in the past month or so. For the past few weeks I haven't been able to last longer than a couple minutes MAX. More recently I can barely last 30 seconds. I lasted about 10 the last time we did it (and she was on top). The position we use has made no difference. Me on top, her on top, no difference.

I'm wondering if I've finally fully regained my sensitivity and am not used to it yet? I'm also wondering if I got so worried about ED that I feel some need to race to completion?

Any thoughts from you fine people would be most welcome. We don't use condoms or anything but I'm considering using them to desensitize me a bit more. I'm wondering if anybody has used cock rings to the same effect as well. We've used them a few times in the past but that was mainly to help bolster my erection and keep me from getting nervous about my ED.

I'm glad to be able to finish the race so to speak, but I would like to give my wife a chance to get there as well, heh.

Cheers!

2. Hero One

Hero One Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing your struggles, Haggis. It's brave of you to lay it out like that - so well done!

From what I know of PE (a close friend struggled with it), its usually a psychological issue, rather than anything to do with your equipment - as you've already cottoned on to. Perhaps in response to the period of ED you faced.

I imagine sex holds a lot of uncertainty for you every time, with lots of questions and anxieties around your performance, previous issues and her experience to detract from losing yourself in the moment and enjoying the intimacy.

My friend overcame his PE by extended foreplay - which I know sounds backwards - but I can see how that would work. By enjoying just holding an erection and being intimate with your partner before actually having sex, and actually enjoying the whole experience, instead of questioning yourself. Let the love making follow naturally.

I wish you all the best, and hope you resolve the issue. Keep us posted!

3. @Haggis!

Hey bro. hope you both are fine and doing fantastic on all aspects of your life.

Yes, I too thought about that a lot,I'm still virgin.And you know this is a problem in our heads again.If there is no physical problem in your P(and its certainly not as you are regular on S) part then there is nothing to worry at all.When i used to M i used to think like exactly the same way as you wrote here.Read a lot nonsense stuff on internet and i say all is a real bullshit don't believe on that never.It has to do a lot on-performance anxiety,common anxiety.And yes I too checked the time to ejaculate like a real nonsense and it would be like 3-4 minutes max while M.But it's the way we have trained our brains and ejaculatory system as whenever we(specially me) did it,we stroked it fast,we wanted to get to that point quickly.So its again like training ourselves on a wrong note as we did our brain-body while doing PMO.

So just relax brother,keep these thoughts out of your mind.And it affects only if we think that its affecting in our mutual intimacy.So relax.When you both indulge just keep things simple,don't be too fast(its like rewiring/retraining our system for longer time) and enjoy the feel with your wife.I think she is a supportive one and she understands these things as well.And please don't read another such stuff from internet as they are all really confusing and helpless.We all have experienced this.

Some sort of meditation like breathing exercises,physical activities will help you a lot it this stuff.Condoms will help as well(my married friends have told that it helps!).And reduce the frequency of S(well its just a suggestion as it has helped them as well,I'm not forcing you guys) for a while and whenever you attempt keep yourself calm and connect to her,see into her eyes,bottom line is-stay in the play together then things will improve for sure.Foreplay helps a lot to satisfy them and as get orgasm early then them as in general terms.Learn,ask her the other areas that is sensual for her,explore the essence of touch and staying connected throughout(well I'm not any sexpert but this is what required in a real intimate affectionate S). And again its a slow process ,so have patience and keep hitting.

Hope you'll overcome on this as well.And when i'll get married I'll ask and take suggestions from you brother.So stay there and improve.It's Simple!

God bless you both!

4. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

Thanks for your input @Hero One and @Selfdiscovery !

That's pretty spot-on, actually. I still have mental hangups/anxieties/etc regarding my sexual performance. Not quite to the degree I used to, but they're certainly still there.

My wife and I were talking last night and we figure I've finally fully regained sensitivity in my penis, maybe I'm just not used to all the physical sensations that sex gives me.

We're going to keep taking this one day at a time and I will post any successful tactics I've found :)

5. tiberiansun

tiberiansun Fapstronaut

I don't think I suffer particularly from PE, but I do care greatly that my wife and I climax together so I've developed several techniques for delaying O during sex over the years.

(1) one-sided foreplay - I tell my wife to give me a break if I feel I'm getting too far along, so focus then goes just on her
    (2) pause & moderate speed - when you get too close, pause for a few seconds, this breather ratchets you down quite a bit - 2-3 seconds pause can give you 20 seconds more of 'go' time, when I get going again I go more slowly
    (3) breathing - again, when close, breathe fast in and slow out - this has a remarkable delaying effect
    (4) looking away - good if all the start-stopping is affecting the 'groove': looking away seems to slow down the intensity (we're visual creatures after all)
    (5) distraction - e.g. biting lip - this is a bit of a weird one, but I found that by biting my lip it distracted my brain from what was going on, which gives me more time.
    (6) distraction - thoughts - this might sound bizarre but sometimes I imagine a piece of garden furniture that's floating and rotating

Obviously, you have to be mindful of just how close you are getting to O, so that you can try the delaying measures. Sadly, I suspect those of us used to edging should be familiar with this feeling.

I have some more, but describing them would use potentially triggering language, so if interested I could PM them to you.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Haggis likes this.
  6. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

Thanks @tiberiansun ! Those are all solid pieces of advice. I'd welcome anything further you have :)