1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Time Travel Update

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Yesterday is not today. Today is now. Now is now past. Past is now yesterday. Yesterday is not now....as hard as I try I can get to before now unless I decide now what to do then. Then I'll be there but when I arrive it will only be now. Then it will be past.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. This guy gets it

3. Has anyone done the selective attention test. Can you accurately count the number of times the ball is passed? I don't think so. (best on full screen)

Also, I feel like what we know now has a lot to do with language. There's a lot to be said for knowing beyond the ability to explain.

Boldly go, time travellers.

{Ananta} and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Fix’d.

5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Past and future all return to the Void.

6. Good sirs. I have been to the future and the past. Destroy all calendars. There is only now. Now then, and now from now. The future is now. The past is now. The now is both and neither.

7. Thomas Wolf and Einstein said you can never go home.

Nothing will ever be the same again. Even if it is you can't theoretically get there.

You wanted to eat the apple from the tree of knowledge, western humans.

8. If history is anything to go by, the future is like the past but with better graphics.

9. The journey ends at the point where there was no journey, only this.

My ears are hungry

I feel like there is something actually poignant I could say here. Just because you feel it doesn't mean it's real.

Back when I was a mere boy, hiding in a hollowed in the side of a rock while my father and his friends killed a gigantic beast with their spears, I thought there might be something more. There is. Now I am a small speck in a clump of mould on an orange, striving to become a larger clump. One day we will defeat the orange.

10. There was a recent conversation about hats and brains. I've heard physicists talk about trying to develop a sense for time by being aware of the gravity of the things they were near, or how fast they were going. Properties that affect the speed of time.

Now we can represent our thoughts in zeros and ones.

Language has always constrained thought, as the price for the fast delivery of a cut down version of thought.

Time thought requires something new. Zeros and ones and all the other thought languages don't have the structures required to contain a time language.

Language transcended space and time to convey our meaning. The new language must transcend the dimension above time to convey the meaning within it.

11. TL;DR

We have a spacetime language. We have no Time language.

12. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i think its something about movement and time ,the clocks at work,my watch,the clock in my car,the clocks at my place, even thou i keep syncing them to the clocks at my work they keep ending up different times again, i wouldnt say its the poor battery or the times pieces are made poorly,

13. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    we could be in a computerized matrix, what ever we want the earth to be perceived as thats how it forms , some want it round some want it flat, and the matrix caters to both states,

14. EatCake

EatCake Fapstronaut

Jesus f@*k, Bob. I didn't know you had another thread full of crazy.

I shouldn't say Jesus f@*k on Easter. My bad, Bob.

Guess I'll start reading. Did this come before or after the greatest thread of all time? I do best with chronological order.

15. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i counted nine but when they asked, did you see the gorrilla i was like whaaa?? quickly replayed it an saw the gorilla lmao

16. I remember things that haven't happened yet. In fact, I find it odd that other people don't experience this.

17. What are you, a hundred years old?

EatCake and Deleted Account like this.

18. Experiment? So you want us to visualize our self's to the future from the past?

By the way I was listening to a subliminal that was about time travel on youtube. It was affirmations about going back fixing mistakes. I find it weird I log on and find this forum...

19. Pythagoras said time is the soul of this world.

Time is a property of this universe and doesn't necessarily exist outside it. Apart from the concept being outside the realms of this universe, and the concept of probability also being a property of this universe, it's not outside the realm of possibility that we exist outside this universe.

Or is it?