1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Pixie cuts?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by The human failure, Oct 26, 2016.

1. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

I'm going to try and get one this Winter. (Waiting for my hair to grow out ;-; ) Personally I love them and think that they're really adorable and cute! :D

I doubt many of you know much about them but if there are any tips on how to take care of one it would really be appreciated.
    For those uninitiated.

[​IMG]

2. djeffdog

djeffdog Fapstronaut

Definitely agree that is a cute cut! No idea how to care for it though :)

3. The human failure

Aww figured as much, thanks though!

4. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Long hair's a bitch, but it's worth it.

I've had long hair most of these past few years but I don't know what advice I could exactly give...

Wash it at least every other day (with shampoo/conditioner!) :rolleyes:

That's about all I got. Oh, and don't get gum stuck in it. Cheers.

5. Pixie cuts are attractive. Tend to make one appear more youthful, carefree. Can't imagine you do more than wash it and style it with some "product."

Deadlihood likes this.
  6. You use pixie dust! Duh!

For fuck's sake, get your shit together people!

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I assume you are a dude, OP? Or are you a girl?

On girls, I feel more women could wear them. Every woman has long hair, it's boring by now. When I see a woman with short hair it makes her really stand out in my eyes. Not only because it's an exotic stimuli for my eyes, cos you don't see it that often, but also because it signals that she thinks at least slightly out of the box, which I find appealing.

On guys, it will make you look younger. A little bit less like a manly man/though guy and more like a cute boy. None is better of worse, it depends what you want to accomplish. How you want people to perceive you and what type of crowd you are trying to appeal to.

That all being said tho, you need to have right face shape and yaw line to pull that off. That's what matters when choosing a haircut - the rest of the proportions of your face. Different hairstyles will complement different face shapes, do your research of what face shape you have and what hair fits it. There is also this thing called 2.25 inch rule, which is a distance of your chin from your ear, which determines how good short cut will suit you. Google those things and learn, so you don't make yourself look "ugly" by accident.

You take care of short hair the same way as long hair. You wash it and condition it. You also need to style it less, comparing to long hair, cos it's so short. Doesn't require as much products and time. Comparing to short hair tho you probably will need to style it more. With very short hair, like most men have, you can get away with just washing. With medium length pixie cut like that you will need to also condition it and add some hair care product. Still tho, pixie cut as in picture above is super easy to take care for. You just wash it and condition it about once a week and add some styling cream (not wax or pomade, a cream) to hair for shine and separation when going out, which takes like 30 sec.

8. 90s Nia Long and Halle Berry is the reason for my love of women with pixie cuts..

9. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

I have long hair, but my friends who have had short hair have complained about the maintenance being much more time consuming than with their longer hair. Although they look adorable, they need much more regular visits to the hair dresser because as the hair grows out a little bit, either a new style is needed, or it's time to get it chopped again. Good luck!

StepsReborn likes this.
  10. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I just shave my own head number 2...cause I'm tight with money lol.
    Buzz cuts ftw!

11. The human failure

Oh gawd I couldn't stand having a buzz cut ;-;

Star Lord likes this.
  12. I used to and it was nice and convenient when it only took two seconds to dry my hair after a shower, but yeah ... it gets old quick. For me, at least.

13. The human failure

I start panicking if my barber cuts my hair a little too short xD I could never handle a buzz cut, I probably wouldn't go outside.

Star Lord likes this.
  14. That's what I was thinking about this thread. I have really long hair, but I cut mine up to my shoulders once and it was so annoying. I had to style it every day instead of just like throwing it in a ponytail or something.

Star Lord likes this.