This forum is annoying

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ub3rT1m3, Jan 5, 2018.

1. C_m

C_m Fapstronaut

Well said. We're all just here to help one another - and ourselves. Each of us is at a different stage. We take each other from where we are and hopefully give some support to move to the next step. We're all growing. The hardest lessons are the ones we teach ourselves. My takeaway from this is that having courage to see and admit missteps is how we grow. This exchange is a gift to the rest of us. Thank you.

truthseeker17 likes this.
  3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah, you can disable your own account. If you do, I don’t think the name will show up as DELETED USER though.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

I hope I keep my childlike inquisitiveness and sense of fun forever. That said I am 52 which counts as adult to most folk.
    There are millions of threads here which I just don't read, steer clear of the ones you do not enjoy. Sometimes though there is an issue or a topic that you are interested in which crops up over and over again. What I have done is set up a list of the threads I find interesting on such topics so that when a new thread pops up I can point them to the list, and add the new thread to the list, like I did here. You could try that.
    I think @Sarah Walker is onto something if I slightly mangle her post ...
    There is good reason to ask the same question again: someone might answer you. That's the beginning of a conversation. This is not Wikipedia, it is a support forum.
    The only other forum I know of is http://www.yourbrainrebalanced.com/forum/ but I like it more here.

5. Nope, I'm pretty sure it says guest. I still see all my old posts from when I was here on an older account

6. I know I get better encouragement when I have personal interaction, and enjoy actually speaking to someone. I mean it's pretty easy, if I don't like posts or something is repeated and I don't feel like it I just ignore it.

I mean that's as you say why it's a support forum, interaction in one form or another is key for recovery. :)

kropo82 likes this.
  7. Oh and I forgot to say, you don't look like you're in your 50's mate! I thought you were 30 or something. :D

kropo82 and Ub3rT1m3 like this.
  8. Ooh, you're such a tease! :rolleyes:

Ub3rT1m3 likes this.
  9. I don't mean to be! :O

Ub3rT1m3 likes this.
  10. Ub3rT1m3

Ub3rT1m3 Fapstronaut

Dude, this thread is old. I had a little tantrum but it's all good now. We've all since made peace.

Nowadays it's only used for flirting between other members :emoji_smirk:
    :emoji_kissing_heart:

11. Oh, well I'm oblivious to a lot and I just call it how I see it, just a compliment really. :D

Ub3rT1m3 likes this.
  12. I can't believe this thread is now 53 posts long. I might just keep coming back here to keep it alive.

I have a cold (most likely the flu and just won't admit it), so I actually enjoyed this thread. Reminded me of an old Robin Williams joke. He was playing a radio preacher doing a comedy hour (it made sense in the joke) and told his listeners to "grab your radio by the wires in back. As it chucks your a$$ across the floor, someone is bound to laugh".

Not really funny, but on a deeper level.

- L