1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Theres a girl that I really want to know better

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by omegamer, Jun 19, 2018.

1. omegamer

omegamer Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

There is a girl attending the same school as me and for some months I feel that I
    develop a crush towards her. For me she's the most beautiful girl I've seen in a really long time, her hair, her face, the way she dresses, from a visual point-of-view she is just gorgeus to me.
    I added her on Facebook a few months ago, but was too shy to talk to her for some time.
    All experiences I got in my life with women (I'm 22 at the moment, she just got 25) it was because the girls approached me, but the other way I was very shy all the time...

Then some day she wrote me a message regarding some organisaton-stuff from school.
    I was happy about that but didn't catch the chance to write much more with her.
    Then one month ago, I randomly saw that she got birthday on one day (She turned of the display of her birthday on Facebook, but when I looked at my inbox and her message I could still see it. I then decided to write her happy birthday and she seemed quite happy about it. She also wrote some more stuff back to me which I was happy about, and thats why I think she liked that I wished her happy birthday.

But still when I saw her in school I was like paralysed to speak to her, even to say a single "Hello" or "How are you?".

Then a few days ago I updated my Facebook pofile pic and she liked it (I know this has to mean literally nothing, just as a information).

Today when I was in school she was walking past me with a girlfirend of her.
    I got very excitied when she smiled at me and greeted me, when they were walking past me. I greeted her back of course but just continued walking in my direction because i was stunned by that moment.

So here I am, sitting at home and thinking about how to ask her if we could get to know each other. To be honest, I'm not even that afraid of rejection because in all other aspects of my life I'm feeling pretty good about myself. But I just can't do this first step and talk to her and show her my interest.

The thing is, that I'm thinking about asking her out on Facebook, but I dont know if she will be turned off by that and thinks I'm a pussy. I'm sure when we'll start talking in person it will turn out good, but the initiation process and thinking about it is driving me crazy.

Because I know: When I'll never ask her I will regret it more that any rejection.

Any of you guys got any tips that could help me in this situation?
    If theres something that will help me step into action or other tips on how to approach her the best way, it would seriously make my day.

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!

2. SebThaWiz

SebThaWiz New Fapstronaut

Hopefully this will help you by telling you my story of my crush. A Couple of months ago I had the courage to ask out this girl that I've had a crush on for years. I used to see her in high school but never had the courage to talk to her in person. A few years later after graduation (2 years)the thought of never asking her out or even talking to her in person haunted me. I had her on Facebook and we hadn't texted in a long time. I would always like her post and she would do the same. So I said fuck it, am I going to have this regret for the rest of my life? Or am I going to ask her out. "Iv'e Never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl before. So let me say I was terrified. I sent her a text through Facebook; because I've never seen her again since high school ,and asked if she wanted to hand out sometime, and she said yes. I was super nervous to go to her house to pick her up but once I got in the car; I felt my fear go away and instead of being scared, I was excited. I'm doing it I thought! I had a lot of fun with her and had a lot of great moments. Were not together anymore but I don't have this regret no more. So My advice would be to step straight into that fearful situation and ask her to hang out. I would do it in person. Put your nicest clothes on hear a song that pumps you up and walk over and talk to her. Say "hey" "hows it going" and work your way to "you want to hang out sometime?'" Treat her as if shes one of your guy friends. And If you cant do this I would go with asking her to hang out through text. Whatever way you chose you have to take action. Whatever the result is doesn't matter, you did it anyways you won.

HipPete and omegamer like this.
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Usually when you fear the outcome or you're unable to express yourself honestly towards someone you're attracted to, it's because you lack experience. You can't gain the experience if you don't allow yourself the possibility of rejection and making a lot of mistakes.

People who are confident in their social lives are confident because they’re comfortable with rejection.

People who are confident in their relationships are confident because they’re comfortable with getting hurt.

People who attain success often are the ones that fail often.

The more you risk, the more you fail, but also the more you succeed.

The less you risk, the less you fail, but also the less you succeed.

Repeated competence leads to confidence. You can't reach competence if you don't have the courage to gain the necessary experience by starting off as incompetent and insecure.

It's almost better than you don't get what you want. So you can experience being incompetent and insecure at this area of your life. Which leads you to muster up the courage to gain competence and confidence.

Try to talk to her in person. You can't hide behind facebook or texting forever.

You have anxiety because you're being overly cautious and excessively careful. You don't want to fail, get rejected, or make mistakes, but that's how you become better. Let go of the story that you have to be perfect or that everything in life has to go your way. You have to start out incompetent and insecure. Avoiding this process in the past is now biting you in the ass because now you have to try this with someone you don't want to mess up with.

SebThaWiz and omegamer like this.